How did I miss this? Mustang hits 178MPH in Arkansas State Police chase.

dwest731

Established Member
My dad always talked trash when I would run growing up. He would see the car parked behind the house and ask if I was running from the cops again. “You’re gunna get caught one day, you can’t outrun a radio!” My response… no, but you can out turn one pays to know the country back roads

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Should've had a faster car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not going to watch the whole video...why did they chase him that fast? Seems like that was more dangerous than the 10 over he did when he passed the officer.

EDIT: I fast forwarded...

Alright, what modifications was he running? haha

quad

Established Member
My dad always talked trash when I would run growing up. He would see the car parked behind the house and ask if I was running from the cops again. “You’re gunna get caught one day, you can’t outrun a radio!” My response… no, but you can out turn one pays to know the country back roads
And be able to drive without the car lights on. If that driver wanted to get away he should have turned off his lights and taken corners without breaking by shifting down and easing up on the accelerator. Staying on the freeway for that long is not the way to go.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not going to watch the whole video...why did they chase him that fast? Seems like that was more dangerous than the 10 over he did when he passed the officer.

EDIT: I fast forwarded...

Alright, what modifications was he running? haha
I heard they found 3 center caps off a MY21 Super Duty in the trunk...

Tru story bro

E ;)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hell with that....I'd own that laughing all the way to jail. My adrenilin would be so damn high.....aint no crying in fleeing.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What modifications did the car have??

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Only 178mph? Trinity could manage to eek out a 200mph with 662hp. Maybe the rear gears limited his top end? Either that or he must have a hamster wheel sized pulley on the blower but it looks like he forgot to hook up the driver mod.
He also seemed ignorant to everything you learn playing GTA V.
If you are going to run, plan on forcing them to at least get fixed wing aircraft involved as the helicopter can't keep up (retreating blade stall). Odds are you're getting caught unless lady luck has the hots for you.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
And be able to drive without the car lights on. If that driver wanted to get away he should have turned off his lights and taken corners without breaking by shifting down and easing up on the accelerator. Staying on the freeway for that long is not the way to go.
Or you could just have a taillight/brake light killswitch like the cannonball run boys

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL. Definitely you'd better KNOW the back roads. Many years ago I took off from a cop who was on the side of the rode with a radar gun. I thought I knew the roads well enough BUT made a turn onto the wrong road and it ended up being a dead end on a cul-de-sac. Needless to say, I got caught!

That was quite a chase. :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Supercharged Ford Mustang Driver Hits 178 MPH, Crashes While Fleeing The Police | Carscoops

Looks like a Roush SC, so easily 700+ hp.

Plenty of reasons why he tried running.
So, he only served 7 years of a 40-year sentence for kidnapping, robbery and theft. Great criminal justice system we have.
1630675018103.jpeg

C2tuck

Established Member

I did that once on a punched out R1. Things were going great until my gas light came on…guess gas mileage sucks when you’re doing 190…

They clocked me from when I left the small town over from us to when I entered my little town and said I went 9 miles in 2 minutes lol.

f0051158bbf924405666bae2bdc8c244.jpg

dwest731

Established Member
That sucks! Thankfully I never got caught but do have 3 tickets from when I knew it wasn’t possible to run. I have an R6 too but ironically never been chased while riding it.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Didn't watch the video (work firewall blocks YT), but I thought they weren't supposed to chase you beyond a certain mph for safety reasons. I've been told by friendly LEOs that if they're sitting still and you blast by at 100+ on the highway that they typically won't bother as they can't get up to speed and keep climbing in order to catch up, especially if you step into it more.

C2tuck

Established Member
That sucks! Thankfully I never got caught but do have 3 tickets from when I knew it wasn’t possible to run. I have an R6 too but ironically never been chased while riding it.

Yeah. I grew up around Dallas where that had no chase policies for bikes. Moved out to the sticks and learned that the HiPo’s don’t have anything better to do.

I got it dismissed thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread