how crazy is this? (2002 camaro for sale ad)

SirJAG

Established Member
help me pick this apart, showed up on local board:

I have a Silver with Black trim 2002 Camaro SS for Sale ( 35th. Anniversary ) ----

T-Top, Auto Transmission, Charcoal leather - (No tears), Monsoon Stereo,

All seal(s) had been replaced right before I bought the car a year ago, It has 143+K but it has a bunch of brand new parts - ( Installed with-in the last 2 months ):

*** New Front and Rear main seal(s) - ($45),
New Front & Rear main seal Cover gaskets - ($65),
New Oil Pan Gasket - ($60),
New Melling High Volume oil pump - ($162),
New Timing Chain - ($100),
New Oil pressure switch - ($43),
New Cam position sensor - ($46),
New Knock sensor(s) - ($95),
New Intake manifold Gaskets - ($30),
New Radiator hose(s) (Top & Bottom) - ($25),
PCV system hose(s) & PCV Valve - ($20),
New MAF Sensor - ($115),
New Battery - ($100),
Prothane Poly mount(s) & Torque arm bushing - ($125),
Bosch Oxygen sensor - ($65),
New Rear axle bump stops - ($55)

--- $1160 in Parts + 1200 Labor = $2400 + *** ###

It has a SLP Lid - ($100),
Hawks "Sinister" High-Flow air filter - ($55.00),
Smooth Bellows - ($63.00),
Port & Polished Throttle Body - ($200),
American Racing 17" Staggered offset Rims - ($1500 - New),
MAXXIS MA-V1 Tires - ($500),
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - ($560),
Altezza tail lights - ($190)

--- $3200.00 In aftermarket upgrades ###

The Exterior has a few small rock chips and normal wear and tear for a 12 year old car, The glass is great, The speakers could use being replaced,

The console lid has the usual slight spread due to drivers elbow resting on it, small scrape on console under cigarette lighter, never been smoked in!!!,

#1 & #4 button back lighting on factory head unit burned out ( Button's work ) - CD sometimes does not eject ( Looking at cost to replace head unit and speakers )

- Mechanically sound...Pulls like a freight train...Runs like a top! --

This is a very powerful / potent car - This is not a car for a Jr. or inexperienced driver....I have the original Wheels, Stock Air Intake, Tail lights

ok thats kind of a mess, but how realistic is his price of $15000?

thanks for looking

SirJAG

Established Member
well i pulled the KBB at it was around 8K for excellent condition...so i figured something was fishy here...what can he resonable hope to get for this car you think?

gearhead08

Established Member
Almost as bad as a guy with a dirty as hell terminater with 22k hard driven miles and put up wet asking 35k for his car...

SirJAG

Established Member
well i know nothing about camero's, and this 12 GTCS is my first car ever.....soooo is his mod list even legit?

(had nothing but motorcycles/sport bikes since i was 13, first time in my life without a bike)

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
People these days think their dime-a-dozen fbodies are ****ing ferrari's with the pricing. lol

The car is worth $5500. That's it. The good thing about them, they're so common, you can be picky and find a good one at a fair price.

People can ask whatever they want for a car. If its overpriced and someone is stupid enough to buy it, so be it, but the price they posted for that car is unrealistic.

I sold a mint 2002 SS 6 speed with every option and 55k miles for $12,500, and that was on the high side.

Users who are viewing this thread