How bad is it? Auto accident

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Hit someone today going about 50mph. They pulled right out in front of me without looking. My car went basically over their fender and airborne. I am just nervous that this thing will never be right again after they fix it.

11060867_10203907893313892_4669908301959322146_n.jpg

11008512_10203907893473896_7750911009224685784_n.jpg

11136650_10203907893593899_1214282320704112908_n.jpg

10612958_10203907893713902_8323343001691671815_n.jpg

11150281_10203907893833905_1996409428507033758_n.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
That's crazy that the axle popped out but didn't break the plastic lined swaybar endlinks. Don't know much about those cars so I'm not venturing a guess.

Glad everyone is ok and you didn't go flying in some random direction after the impact.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It honestly looks like it's limited to fender and bumper replacement/alignment and steering/front suspension components.

If that's all it comes out as, I can't imagine the car would even be close to being totaled.

Hopefully no money out of your pocket, get it fixed, and you'll never know the difference.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I honestly don't think its going to be closed to totaled, but I am just nervous that its not going to be right. Most of the impact was on the tire, because I swerved to miss him and my tire collided with his. His tire was completely flat to the ground and they had to literally drag it on the flatbed.

Anyone ever had to claim diminished value? This is obviously going to hurt my value.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Thanks, definitely could have been a lot worse if I wasn't paying attention, I would have t-boned him dead center.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly don't think its going to be closed to totaled, but I am just nervous that its not going to be right. Most of the impact was on the tire, because I swerved to miss him and my tire collided with his. His tire was completely flat to the ground and they had to literally drag it on the flatbed.

Anyone ever had to claim diminished value? This is obviously going to hurt my value.

Not sure who you're with here in Ga, but when my mustang got hit, State Farm sent me a check for DV within 2 weeks, think my repair bill was $4000 and the check I got back was for $2300. Wasn't bad really, right front rim/tire, bumper cover and core support, fender and they repaired the hood. Never really hurt my resale value near as I can tell. Funny thing is, now that Ga did away with salvage titles, they will even cut you a check for DV on a vehicle that was totaled and repaired...strange.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
Not sure who you're with here in Ga, but when my mustang got hit, State Farm sent me a check for DV within 2 weeks, think my repair bill was $4000 and the check I got back was for $2300. Wasn't bad really, right front rim/tire, bumper cover and core support, fender and they repaired the hood. Never really hurt my resale value near as I can tell. Funny thing is, now that Ga did away with salvage titles, they will even cut you a check for DV on a vehicle that was totaled and repaired...strange.

What did you do? Just ask them for diminished value? I am with State Farm and so is the person who was at fault.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Need to see your frame rails. If they are fine then it can be fixed. Aside from the mechanical, your front cover looks repairable, replace the right fender and possibly a new door skin. Can't tell from the pictures how far back the impact goes though.

Last edited:

YJSONLY

Established Member
My wife has hit a horse in a Honda Civic. Horse was laying in road from getting hit. It was in a dark rural curve. We hit it 45 and jumped it...Had about 17k worth or damage. This was 50k miles ago and has been fine.

OhIIICobra

Established Member

My wifes 2011 Mustang was rear ended @ 2,200 miles and I got diminished value via trade because it was indisputable justification. Risky, but here is what I did:

Your car will have diminished value just for the fact that it was involved in an accident vs. a car with a clean accident history. Of course the body shop and insurance company will convince you that it is as good as new and the value is the same. I had to trade my wifes 2011 immediately after repair and while the claim with the other guys insurance was still open to show that I actually got X dollar amount on the trade in order to justify my diminished value.

If you are keeping the car, you would have to hire a vehicle appraiser to show that it is now worth significantly less post-accident than it was pre-accident. I knew I wasn't gonna be stuck keeping a car that had $6,500 post-accident damage with 2,200 miles, so I did what I had to do to get out of the car and force them to compensate me.

It worked for me but there are no guarantees. If you are claiming it based on what you think it's worth, they will blow you off. A no kidding trade in dollar figure from Ford is a real-world fact.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
What did you do? Just ask them for diminished value? I am with State Farm and so is the person who was at fault.

If I'm not mistaken, it's mandated by state laws unless things have changed as this happened around '07. I would check with your insurance company but I didn't even have to ask my State Farm agent, the claims adjuster came out and took a look at it at the body shop where it was delivered and told me I would be receiving a check for DV.

lpheaven

Established Member
I'm glad your ok man. A 50 mph crash is no joke. That will be fixed and you wont be able to tell the difference.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

My dad is going after diminished value on an accident back in September.

Attorneys are taking their sweet time, but they did the first case(for value of the totaled truck) pro-bono.

Users who are viewing this thread