How are the MMR motors holding up?

Flcracker

Established Member
I'd really like to hear from you guys who are rocking an MMR motor. How many miles are on your motor, and how's it holding up? What's the customer service like at MMR? Did they take longer than they said they would to build your motor? The pricing at MMR is excellent. Their 1000 long block is only 8500. Man is it tempting. Thanks!!

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I assemble my own engines but I'm running a lot of MMR parts and have been on multiple cars I have owned. My 2012 turbo coyote just started making some passes a couple months ago and it has been 140+ MPH in the 1/8th mile and we haven't really started to lean on it yet. Definitely not the fastest thing out there but it shows that their parts work. Has probably 1,000 street miles so far.

Greg and Mark have always been available to answer my questions. They are good people in my book. I've ordered from them for 10+ years.

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
I think their parts are solid, but what appears to be a very very vocal minority has given real question to how MMR completes assembly on the stuff that isn't high profile. My assumption is that they build a large volume and most are probably working great and then as someone else put it, there are some people out there that can break an anvil, and those are the most vocal.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
To the OP, we appreciate your interest in our products, the above posts sum it up, we have been building modular and coyote engines longer than anyone in the world, when you have been doing it this long you are bound to hear something (you should be concerned if you havent heard something!), afterall, this is racing and we build race engines. We supply engines and components to MANY high profile companies and Manufacturers. Words however are one thing, performance is another. We hold the World Record for the coyote engine and have done so from the beginning, these types of feats do not happen by accident. While we do sell engines to MANY high profile racers and shops, we put the same EXACT level of attention into each and every block. Most important of all however, is that if there is a Problem, we will always do everything possible to make it right, which for the most part is a companies true worth, afterall, no company or person is perfect!

We have pasted below a link of just a few "REAL" customer testaments. Feel free to give us a call to discuss your needs or stop by our facility for a tour. Best of luck with your project!

MMR

http://modularmotorsportsracing.com/mmr_modular_mustang_racing_feedb.htm

Last edited:

CPRsm

We beat this shit out of their engines like they owe us money. No one is perfect. But zero failures for us. Sold a few and had a few come the the shop for kits. All making 1000rwhp minimum. This is the last one

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juPsezFfZ4c[/video]

Flcracker

Established Member
Hey I really enjoyed reading all of the insightful responses. MMR, if you had an extra 800 bucks to spend on options for your 1000 longblock how would you spend it? Also, I can't seem to find any information on what main bearings and rod bearings are being used. Thanks.

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
How much will a shop that charges 125 bucks an hour charge to remove my motor and slide in the new MMR motor plus tuning, etc.? There Will be a TVS on top.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ I dunno the base $/hr rate but Ive seen 1000-1500 to R&R a motor quite a few times over the years.

tuning can really very from shop to shop and how involved the combo is (big cams etc...), how many tunes (different fuel types) and how much time you want them to spend on drive-ability.

466roller

Established Member
To the OP, we appreciate your interest in our products, the above posts sum it up, we have been building modular and coyote engines longer than anyone in the world, when you have been doing it this long you are bound to hear something (you should be concerned if you havent heard something!), afterall, this is racing and we build race engines. We supply engines and components to MANY high profile companies and Manufacturers. Words however are one thing, performance is another. We hold the World Record for the coyote engine and have done so from the beginning, these types of feats do not happen by accident. While we do sell engines to MANY high profile racers and shops, we put the same EXACT level of attention into each and every block. Most important of all however, is that if there is a Problem, we will always do everything possible to make it right, which for the most part is a companies true worth, afterall, no company or person is perfect!

We have pasted below a link of just a few "REAL" customer testaments. Feel free to give us a call to discuss your needs or stop by our facility for a tour. Best of luck with your project!

MMR

http://modularmotorsportsracing.com/mmr_modular_mustang_racing_feedb.htm

Are the same people who machine and assemble your record setting engines the same ones who machine and assemble your engines that are sold to the public?

WIPLASH1

Established Member
3k miles on my 1000. I'm putting down 720whp at the moment but am swapping injectors and turning it up.

I dropped the motor in, took it for a semi-aggressive drive, let it cool and swapped oil, then pounded the piss out of it since I knew my tune was good. It's been great, never smoked and it sounds stock (valve train noise, etc.).

Flcracker

Established Member
3k miles on my 1000. I'm putting down 720whp at the moment but am swapping injectors and turning it up.

I dropped the motor in, took it for a semi-aggressive drive, let it cool and swapped oil, then pounded the piss out of it since I knew my tune was good. It's been great, never smoked and it sounds stock (valve train noise, etc.).
Sounds awesome man! Hey did you add any options to your long block? Thank you!

Flcracker

Established Member
MMR, if I go with the GT350 heads for 1,900 bucks for my 1000 longblock, do they come with cams? I can't imagine they come with cams. Tell me they come with cams.

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Not a coyote... But my old 2V was seeing 800hp on an MMR bottom end for quite a while. Never had a single issue. I'd definitely buy from them again in the future.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR, if I go with the GT350 heads for 1,900 bucks for my 1000 longblock, do they come with cams? I can't imagine they come with cams. Tell me they come with cams.

(if you do not select a cam upgrade) They Include Factory 2014 Intake cam and BOSS 302 exhaust cams

Flcracker

Established Member
I am confused by your pricing of 1,900 for gt350 heads. If you go to American Mucsle and look at the price of their GT 350 heads, they are $2200 EACH without cams. So that would be $4400 plus another 1500 for cams. You're looking at close to $6000 for a complete set of heads. And you're selling both GT350 heads with cams for 1900? How is that possible?

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It sounds like you missing that the engine includes brand new 2015 Heads, which makes up for the balance of the total upgrade (in other words we are no longer purchasing the 2015 heads, so the money saved along with the upgrade charge is what allows us to do the upgrade @ 1900. Keep in mind however, the engine does not include GT350 cams, they include Factory 2014 Intake cams and BOSS 302 exhaust cams with the MMR modified rocker arms so that the older cams will work in the GT350 heads.

Flcracker

Established Member
Doh! Of course. Hey, what bearings are you using? And I thought 466 roller had an excellent question about who is building your motors. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread