How am I Polishing Wrong?

ajaf1656

Established Member
Why would anyone want to polish their exhaust? It's under the car? LOL

Your wheels are under the car too. Like the wheels, the IRS exhaust is something under the car that is visible. Why wouldn't you polish it?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Your wheels are under the car too. Like the wheels, the IRS exhaust is something under the car that is visible. Why wouldn't you polish it?
562e38976bb3f70d5f56334f?width=1200&format=jpeg.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I've been here just long enough to look under my user name to find out how many posts I've made. Apparently not long enough to catch some sort of implied joke. I saw your cute meme, but what'd I miss?
Kevin is the exhaust polish king. He has a "How to" on this subject.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Oh yeah, I found it under the "Terminator How-To" forum listing. I don't know how many years I'd need to have been here before I would have come across that and been able to tell he was joking.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Oh yeah, I found it under the "Terminator How-To" forum listing. I don't know how many years I'd need to have been here before I would have come across that and been able to tell he was joking.

Check out post #13 in this thread by cobrabob....you would only have to be a member here since Thursday

ajaf1656

Established Member
Check out post #13 in this thread by cobrabob....you would only have to be a member here since Thursday

Yeah, I'm a complete dumbass for not cross-referencing all possible jokes with old threads and previous responses.
Calm your nerves. It's not the end of the world if I didn't know the guy was kidding. Give me 20 years and 50,000 posts to get caught up to the level of awesome you truly deserve from me.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Yeah, I'm a complete dumbass for not cross-referencing all possible jokes with old threads and previous responses.
Calm your nerves. It's not the end of the world if I didn't know the guy was kidding. Give me 20 years and 50,000 posts to get caught up to the level of awesome you truly deserve from me.

Pft I’ve not been here long and knew what was going on lol. Username alone should have keyed you off.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Hand polishing is for the birds...

Get yourself 320grit on a drill and some WD40.. Then polished it with black compound then white... Half the effort..half the time.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Everything I've said on this website was a joke, y'all didn't get because I made it seem as if I was new. I'm actually the most OG triple OG around.

04torchred

Established Member
Once it's polished, they are easy to maintain (unless someone's DD'n one of these cars).

What's deteriorated on mine over time is not the polished pipes....they look great! It's actually the borla chromed tips that look like crap. I've actually thought about pulling the back section off, strip the chrome and try to polish it out mirror. I'd rather deal with that than look at this crappy chrome

Same problem I have with my borla tips. I talked to Borla and you can buy new as well.

I might just get them off and try to sand all the chrome and crap off to get down to bare metal.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I'm just concerned because if polishing out an aftermarket system isn't universally accepted as standard practice, people will really laugh at how much effort I've put into cleaning up the stock pipes. Lol. They will be going on a Bullitt, so I really want to make sure they stand out.
Polishing and cleaning is nearly free so when I end up in a financial holding pattern, it's one of the few ways I can still "work on the car".

DAA693B0-8EF1-4784-B3F9-49EB6EF5E98F_1_201_a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread