how about you Arizona guys

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Hey I would just like to hear from some of you that live in Arizona, in or around the Phoenix area (or wherever), how you like living there. I currently reside in Washington state, which is where I was moved to when I was 12 with my parents. I am really getting tired of the weather here and I dont neccesarily like the type of people here. I grew up in So cal in the more deserty region and always wanted to go back. I have been thinking of making the migration to Arizona because I really get a good vibe from it there, I REALLY like the desert.

How is the cost of living down there? I have heard that it is a right to work state and that may not be a good thing considering what I have done career wise which is driving dump truck/log truck/ operating heavy machinery. It may not make enough money. Is this true? Do you guys think it is possible to make a decent living down there doing construction? I know realestate seems to be on the cheaper side from what Ive seen on the web.

I some of you could just tell me a little about how like it there, pros/cons, I would really appriciate it. thanks and have a good day.:beer:

sandbaggersteve

Established Member
Hey I would just like to hear from some of you that live in Arizona, in or around the Phoenix area (or wherever), how you like living there. I currently reside in Washington state, which is where I was moved to when I was 12 with my parents. I am really getting tired of the weather here and I dont neccesarily like the type of people here. I grew up in So cal in the more deserty region and always wanted to go back. I have been thinking of making the migration to Arizona because I really get a good vibe from it there, I REALLY like the desert.

How is the cost of living down there? I have heard that it is a right to work state and that may not be a good thing considering what I have done career wise which is driving dump truck/log truck/ operating heavy machinery. It may not make enough money. Is this true? Do you guys think it is possible to make a decent living down there doing construction? I know realestate seems to be on the cheaper side from what Ive seen on the web.

I some of you could just tell me a little about how like it there, pros/cons, I would really appriciate it. thanks and have a good day.:beer:

Plenty of construction jobs around these parts, you can get a job driving a dump truck in the mines and make a ton of money.

If you are going to move now is the time, our housing market took a huge dive and houses are cheap once again.

The racing scene is big here if you are into imports, as far as real street cars go, we all head out to a different part of the valley, nothin but 7-11 sec cars venture out.

I have lived here my entire life and dont plan on moving as where can you go and be able to do stuff year round. I'd say move and get out of the state that has the highest suicide rate and come to a place where you can actually see the sun.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
ok thats a good start, does anyone else have anything to add? Your right about the suicide rate and the depressing nature of the state with cloudy/rainy days.

On a side note, Its funny how everyone makes fun of all the emo kids but if you want to see some prime specimens just come up here to Washington, thy are EVERYWHERE.

Slow99x

Established Member
What is the octane rating in AZ? I'm considering a move to AZ too but don't know if I should get my Cobra tuned here before the move or after the move there.

3.8mateo

Established Member
Yeah I saw 100 oct at the Loves thats up the street from Firebird. How convienient. :banana:

Tucson is a pretty cool place to live also, but PHX is where its at. Tucson Racing scene is full of high school/community college kids with imports... A lot of imports. There are a couple of heavy hitters here, but generally speaking, its worth the hour drive to Phoenix.

Vigilante

Established Member
Not to hijack and PM me if it is, but Where do I find higher octane in Tucson? Either a website locator or a specific brand would be great. Until I joined this board I thought all pump gas was 87/89/91 Oh and E85 (105) popped up here a couple years ago, but its not as energy effcient(I'm doing my part to be green lol).

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Not sure about Tucson but if you check with off road bike shops or sport bike shops they usually sell it in 5 gallon drums. It's usually expensive though.

Users who are viewing this thread