HOW ABOUT THEM PONYS NOT 390hp

my03svtcobra

Established Member
DID ANY ONE HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT THE PONYS
WELL I JUST HEARD ON SATURDAY FROM THE GM AT HOLMAN FORD HE WAS OUT AT FORD AND DROVE ONE
HE ASKED SINCE THEY HAD A PROBLEM IN 99 W/ THE HP
IF THE COBRA HAS A TRUE TO THE 390 hp THE GUY SAID NO
THEY ARE TESTING EVERY CAR OFF THE ASSY LINE AND NOT ONE OF THEM IS 390 HP THEY ARE PUSHING
410/420 PLUS HP ! WAY MORE THAN THE ZO6 VET
FYI.
SD

i8u

Established Member
the 2003 cobras were shown to make 360 at the rear wheels stock. with open exhaust 400 rear wheel horses. the corked the car up to quiet it down. can you imagin the fun.

my03svtcobra

Established Member
I SAY OPEN THE GATES AND SET THE PONY FREE
also hear that the car will do 175 MPH plus and that they had one take flight from a CHiP UPGRADE
SD

PFA

Established Member
Just wondering how they are testing every car off the line when they haven't put it into production yet?

lethal

Established Member
They are "coming off the line" meaning no special tuning, etc. The same manufacturing process they used for the first cars they tested (dyno'd) all were above published specs. This may only be a handful of cars.

So, when they start JOB1 on Monday... most probably those Cobras will be above the 390 spec as well.

I'm not complaining =)

wildosvt

Established Member
Originally posted by lethal

when they start JOB1 on Monday... most probably those Cobras will be above the 390 spec as well.

I'm not complaining =)

At my plant they made 700 "prototypes today (we make dashboards) (I work for Fords) so yes sir they will be starting on monday....:burnout:

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
Hey my03svtcobra,

capslock2.gif

:idea: :thumbsup:

Yah the MM&FF guy dynoed his in at 425 hp... like 377 or something at the rear wheels. This puppy is gonna be a monster :uh oh:

RayC76

Established Member
Originally posted by my03svtcobra
I SAY OPEN THE GATES AND SET THE PONY FREE
also hear that the car will do 175 MPH plus and that they had one take flight from a CHiP UPGRADE
SD
I dont see any bold type problems, looks like he wanted to emphazise the statement.

Users who are viewing this thread