Houston Shelby Owners...DAY TRIP to Austin

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
We are doing another performance drive. Going to The Salt Lick (BBQ) in Driftwood, Tx.

MEET PLACE:
Bucees in Waller, Tx
Gas up and whatever else needs to be done

MEET TIME:

9:00 am

DATE: JUNE 6th....Saturday

Plan is to head to San Marcos and hopefully meet up with San Antonio Shelby Club. From there head to lunch at The Salt Lick. After lunch we head back home, with maybe a stop in Austin or whatever comes to mind.

Some of you may want to stay in Austin that night. Hit 6th St for nightlife. I may actually stay, my daughter lives in Austin. Quality time. If anyone wants to split a room, let me know.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got the wife on board with this and cleared our schedule for that day! I'll need to map out the gas stations. I have this weird issue when my gas gauge get to half or so it'll drop to E.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Awesome Willie....haven't seen you in awhile. Will be a good trip.
You making breakfast GTG in May? Location has changed. We will be doing drive after. Crawfish boil at Brett's house. ....maybe

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
looks very promising. Brett still live in the Katy area?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I think he is somewhere in that area. They bought a house a while back. Gutted it and refinished interior. Just finished it recently. Haven't been there yet. He told me Kelly says garage NEEDS to be completed before having crawfish boil, so that is a maybe for now. We'll see if it happens. We'll find something to do if there is no boil.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Can't we just demand a backyard crawfish boil? No need to go in garage. Lol.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Any updates David? I'm still planning on going. After lunch I'm driving to Kyle to see my newborn nephew. I'm staying the night with family.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Had a GREAT time. Love their brisket, I'm coming around to their sauce. Sorry you had to lead again and couldn't really enjoy the drive. We all had turns with that zO6. I should have followed you guys out of Salt lick instead of going my own way. Onion creek was over the road and I had to turn around.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Yes Wille you should have followed us down to Bucees in Luling. Had a great drive. I used Google maps instead of Garmin, for some reason it gave us a back roads drive. Just what we wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread