Houston Raceway Park set to close in 2022

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
NHRA Houston track to close in 2022

Looks like the family that owned the land got made an offer they couldnt refuse. Will be turned into an industrial complex.

Texas2k will need a new official home. Also, lol at Houston for allowing the land to be rezoned. They have such a huge complaint about all the street racing, and the local 1/4 track closes.

lmao guess whats going to skyrocket now?

TheManInBlack

Shelby Operator
Established Member
That’s truly a shame.. I’ve been to that track a few times. I have a friend that lives in Dickinson and he tries to go in his cars there for some TNT (built motor 09 Challenger and a 67 Dart GT with a stroker motor)..

The couple of times that I’ve gone it was so packed there wasn’t much opportunity to make more than 1-2 passes.. if you’re there just to hang and see cars, it was great.

MFE

Established Member
Texas2k will need a new official home. Also, lol at Houston for allowing the land to be rezoned. They have such a huge complaint about all the street racing, and the local 1/4 track closes.

Houston is used in law schools as an example for what happens when there IS no zoning.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sad day. I remember when the track was in the boonies. Now there’s housing and businesses everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread