Houston Dog owners/Foster Family?

MachJoe

Established Member
I'll try to make a long story short:

5 years ago, I rescued a female rottweiler. She was badly abused and attacked by other dogs. We think she is around 7 years old now and is the laziest dog ever.

She is practically glued to my hip and is such a loving and sweet girl. She is great with my fiance and our 6 month old daughter.

In January, I will be going away for training for several months. In order to reduce bills while I'm away, my fiance and daughter will move in with her mom, who is terrified of dogs.

My whole family has a dog already, so they can't watch mine while I'm away, being my dog won't get along with other dogs.

Does anyone know of a good family or place in Houston that would watch my dog while I am away? It would be about 5 months and I could have the food shipped monthly as she has a food allergy.

I would like to start to slowly introduce her to whoever would watch her, so it is not a total shock to her and she thinks I abandoned her.

She's a great dog and I feel bad for leaving her, but I have to do what is best for my family.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here man, if I was in a position to help. I would. Good luck. Perhaps post some pics of the fur ball?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
If I was in the area I would love to help. Rottweilers are such great dogs, I hope you are able to find someone that will treat her well!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
PM me. I’m not in Houston, but gf and I watch dogs all the time, and I said out loud “ foster rottweiler “ as I read your thread and gf screamed I WANT IT NOW

MachJoe

Established Member
Bumping this thread.

I'd like to keep her in the Houston area, so hopefully my fiance and 9 month old daughter can still visit on the weekends. Either that, or if anyone is in the Quantico area in Virginia that would be willing to watch her, this way I could still visit her while I'm in training. I just want her to know that we didn't abandon her.

I've attached photos of Panda.

Panda1.jpg Panda2.jpg Panda4.jpg Panda3.jpg Panda6.jpg Panda8.jpg Panda9.jpg

Attachments

• Panda3.jpg
    Panda3.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread