"House Of Boost" 97 Cobra (Needs Work!)

roush24

Established Member
This maybe a dumb question but how does that digital 7 work on the mod motor. I thought the only choice we had was to go with the dis4 which from whats going on about that ive stayed with my stock box.

snakestang

I Drive A Volvo
Established Member
This maybe a dumb question but how does that digital 7 work on the mod motor. I thought the only choice we had was to go with the dis4 which from whats going on about that ive stayed with my stock box.

The motor runs off of FAST DFI with a crank trigger. Notice the distributor which runs off the cam in the DS head?

Your only choice is the DIS4 unless you run a stand alone DFI.

Not a dumb question at all. This car is quite unique and there are only a handful of other people running this type of setup.

Chris

snakestang

I Drive A Volvo
Established Member
just out of curiosity, why was everything disassembled? just for fun? or were you planning on pulling the motor for some reason?

The car ran a best of 10.42 @ 131 with a 1.60 60' and that was only to the 1000'. The motor lost all power right around that point so I let out of it. This was accomplished at around 23 lbs of boost (lowest pulley combo for the F2).

With that said, I have a project car for sale. Here is a list of things currently wrong with the car:

Needs a new drivers side head gasket
Needs a new radiator (previously ran a stock radiator and it was too small so I pitched it)
Needs to have the rear gear gasket replaced (currently dripping)
Motor needs to be reassembled

Everything is detailed in the original post.

Thanks

snakestang

I Drive A Volvo
Established Member
Where is the post for the part out?

I posted the blower but now I am having second thoughts. The thought of tearing this thing apart is killing me. Not only mentally but physically.

I can send you the details if you want but the price was 18K (not negotiable). Motor needs a head gasket, needs a radiator. Other then that, the motor just needs to be put back together.

PM me if you are seriously interested.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread