Hot lapped Daytona Rolex 24 Hour Course in a LS

Van@RevanRacing

I got the opportunity to throw down some hot laps in my buddy's Laguna Seca at Daytona over the weekend. I've driven lots of different cars on the road course and this was by far the best factory Mustang for the road course.

I'll post up some videos of his runs when he posts. My best lap didn't get video recorded but I'll take a 2.17 on factory rubber and 6 laps in the car.

Very impressive. The Boss is definitely back!

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I got the opportunity to throw down some hot laps in my buddy's Laguna Seca at Daytona over the weekend. I've driven lots of different cars on the road course and this was by far the best factory Mustang for the road course.

I'll post up some videos of his runs when he posts. My best lap didn't get video recorded but I'll take a 2.17 on factory rubber and 6 laps in the car.

thanks for the feed backs. what kinda times do cars in the same class generally run?

Van@RevanRacing

thanks for the feed backs. what kinda times do cars in the same class generally run?

This was strictly HPDE for 3 groups and the race group was just Grand Am and other series testing. Don't really know what the class would be or what they would run. The car does extremely well and is very impressive.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXk_l5onEc&feature=g-all"]Ford Mustang Boss 302 LS # 469 Running Daytona with Audi Club - YouTube[/nomedia]

cloud9

Established Member

Geez buddy and I thought I thrashed the apex curbing :lol1: Looks like a blast. Might have to haul my slow regular orange one down there one of these winters. Don't knock that factory rubber too much on the Laguna Seca....those r-compound Pirellis are $600 a throw :cuss: That said, they're not as fast as Hoosiers that cost half the money :D

Van@RevanRacing

Geez buddy and I thought I thrashed the apex curbing :lol1: Looks like a blast. Might have to haul my slow regular orange one down there one of these winters. Don't knock that factory rubber too much on the Laguna Seca....those r-compound Pirellis are $600 a throw :cuss: That said, they're not as fast as Hoosiers that cost half the money :D

He's got some lightweight rims in sight with some Hoosier R Compounds in mind. Those Pirellis were getting it done for sure but there is nothing quite like a good Hoosier R100, A6 or R6 for the road course. :beer:

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
I did not stay around for Saturday, I don't know if you saw the yellow Boss on Friday only. I had a blast and the car felt right at home on that track. I was able to sneek in one 2:14 lap and the Boss did many laps at 2:17 to 2:19 when I got use to the track. This car is awesome!

I think next year I will do more days and try to make the PBOC event. Gary you NEED to get your butt down here and run this track!

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I did not stay around for Saturday, I don't know if you saw the yellow Boss on Friday only. I had a blast and the car felt right at home on that track. I was able to sneek in one 2:14 lap and the Boss did many laps at 2:17 to 2:19 when I got use to the track. This car is awesome!

I think next year I will do more days and try to make the PBOC event. Gary you NEED to get your butt down here and run this track!

Sure I remember seeing you and your car. The weekend was awesome and you should definitely stick around for all 3 days next time. By the end of the day on Sunday at 4:00 we literally had 2 or 3 cars on track.

I'm at a lot of the different events at PBIR, HMS and Sebring. See ya again soon!

Van

2012YellowBoss

Established Member
Sure I remember seeing you and your car. The weekend was awesome and you should definitely stick around for all 3 days next time. By the end of the day on Sunday at 4:00 we literally had 2 or 3 cars on track.

I'm at a lot of the different events at PBIR, HMS and Sebring. See ya again soon!

Van

I'll be at PBIR next Sat if I get my car back from the dealer in time. Going to try out PBOC at the winterfest in Jan. hopefully we will meet up.

I was amazed at the lack of cars on track, I thought I would be running in heavy traffic all day on Friday. It turned out I had more clean laps then not, even when there was traffic it was all on one side of the track. I expected way more cars since everyone down here was talking about the event. Next year I will be shooting for more time there.

Van@RevanRacing

I'll be at PBIR next Sat if I get my car back from the dealer in time. Going to try out PBOC at the winterfest in Jan. hopefully we will meet up.

I was amazed at the lack of cars on track, I thought I would be running in heavy traffic all day on Friday. It turned out I had more clean laps then not, even when there was traffic it was all on one side of the track. I expected way more cars since everyone down here was talking about the event. Next year I will be shooting for more time there.

Friday was the busiest day and your run groups were packed yet the track is so big and everybody was doing well so we had no issues.

Group one where the Grand Am guys run and John and I run is a blast. Tons of passing in the turns and just a bunch of guys flat out and getting after it.

Next time I see your car at the track I'll come up and say hello.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs

kona12

Established Member
damm 150 thats sweet..wonder how a GT would do..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread