Hot Air by Driver's Side Floorboard

6-Speed

Established Member
While driving my 2007 GT500 I always notice hot air emanating from the area by my feet after the motor has warmed up. There is an evaporator/blower assembly above and to the right of the accelerator and it is pretty warm even with the temperature knob set to full cool. Anybody else observe this on their car? :??:

6-Speed

Established Member
ok ... doesn't sound like it is a normal characteristic of the 2007 to 2009 model to have heat radiating from the floorboard area.

Last edited:

Slabo

Established Member
ok ... doesn't sound like it is a normal characteristic of the 2007 to 2009 model to have heat radiating from the floorboard area.

I wouldn't say that. It has always seemed to get hot around the accelerator petal even with the heat off.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
stock exhaust?

IIRC the cats are in that area and the radiant heat is what you are feeling if the air is hot but not "blown"

moncho

Established Member
Do you also get hot air on the top vents? If so, could be due to a bad hot/cold temp valve being stuck in the open position allowing hot coolant to enter the climate system when even set to cold. Other than that I would follow 54's suggestion.

Good luck
Ray

6-Speed

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Stock exhaust ... my first thought is it might be from the Cats. I agree, the hot air is not blown in, it just gets hot by my feet so it's just a nuisance right now.

There is no hot air coming in from the vents unless I turn the temperature knob up and turn on the fan, but I can feel the evaporator/blower assembly hot to the touch even with the knob set fully CCW so I suspect the radiated heat is from that unit. I can't image Ford would continuously pipe hot coolant into that unit. I'll have to look into it further.

Slabo

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Stock exhaust ... my first thought is it might be from the Cats. I agree, the hot air is not blown in, it just gets hot by my feet so it's just a nuisance right now.

There is no hot air coming in from the vents unless I turn the temperature knob up and turn on the fan, but I can feel the evaporator/blower assembly hot to the touch even with the knob set fully CCW so I suspect the radiated heat is from that unit. I can't image Ford would continuously pipe hot coolant into that unit. I'll have to look into it further.

Keep me posted 6-Speed because I must have the same thing going on. I just have never taken the time to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread