Horsepower by Hermann/AR shocks arrived today

03DOHC

Established Member
Thanks Hermann! That adjuster knob is much easier to get to than on my Tokico's! Here's a few close up pics of the shocks and knob for those interested. Hopefully I'll get to put them on when this stupid rain stops.

They aren't pressurized, but I don't know if that makes a difference. Can't wait to get them on and :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
I am new to the whole suspension thing.. but does them being adjustable mean its changes the ride height too? If so I think I could use those!:rolling:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
I am new to the whole suspension thing.. but does them being adjustable mean its changes the ride height too? If so I think I could use those!:rolling:
No, it changes the dampening of the shocks. The shocks are Stage 1 of their anti wheel hop kit. Stage 2 is springs.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03DOHC
No, it changes the dampening of the shocks. The shocks are Stage 1 of their anti wheel hop kit. Stage 2 is springs.

ahhh I got ya.. For what its worth I'm running H&R springs on a convertible and there is NO wheel hop anymore.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Tell me how they are as soon as you can......I am waiting on mine, boy is it killing me. I was hoping to have them in by Friday, last race day of the year........not going to make it.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by highmiles
Who actually makes the shocks?
What added value/modifications does HBH/AR provide or do they just resell the item?
Are they less expensive then www.shox.com?

Thanks

Thanks.
From what I understand HBH/AR worked with a shock mfgr, I don't know who, to develop these shocks. They supposedly went through quite a few valving changes before they settled for the one they use now.

They are supposed to help reduce wheel hop.

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Well, it hasn't been raining since about 4 pm, are they on yet? :)

Just kidding.

Did you get the springs too or are you planning to?
I'm very interested in this mod so I'm looking forward to talking to you about it at Dyno Day. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Come on Dyno Day!

03DOHC

Established Member
No, I'm probably not going to do the springs. I might do the bushings later though. I wish I had these things on now though, the car hops in the rain pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread