HOOSIER..Drag radials

Flamed_Chevelle

Established Member
manny.gif

manny2.gif

GTO30272

Established Member
How streetable are the hoosier drag radials? Can they handle 150+ without the rear feeling completely sloppy? Can they handle turns at decent speed? Not concerned with wear and will never drive in the rain. Thanks.

Flamed_Chevelle

Established Member
I don't know, I haven't driven on them but the above car is manny's turbo 03 from HPP out of texas, he makes somewhere in the 1000rwhp range and as you can tell they wrinkle:)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
How streetable are the hoosier drag radials? Can they handle 150+ without the rear feeling completely sloppy? Can they handle turns at decent speed? Not concerned with wear and will never drive in the rain. Thanks.

If you want a tire for the street go with the M/T DRs.

tjs98gt

Established Member
those things look wayyyyyyy to skinny to be a 335. they dont even fill the rim

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Agree, but those things have been on back order forever. I orded some in November and they keep pushing the date back. Last expected ship date I got was June.

I've got a local place I can drive to (about a 25 min drive) and get every size M/T DR for only $3 more than they sell for out of Jegs. :coolman:

They are one baaaaaad tire. I'd be willing to bet there is no better tire out there. Only thing is they don't last long. For the DD I'll run nothing but 315 Nitto DRs. :rolling:

Flamed_Chevelle

Established Member

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Hey Ten2ndNova whos nice Red Cobra is that in the background of your second pic? :D Did any of the other pics turn out?

335's are huge, they make my 315's look small. I am prety sure they would rub badly though on an IRS car, I had to run a 3/8 spacer with the low profile IRS bolts on my 315's. I belive Ten2ndNova is gonna have to run a spacer on his as well even with the solid rear.

Last edited:

Ten2ndNova

Established Member
Yes the 1.48 60ft was on those tires......
I will go get some 1/8" spacers for the back cause the rub the exhast when the rear suspension squats.....

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member

Thats what I run, do a search for my Cobra, I have the same 335s on 10.5s...

I've been 175 on em in my 86 and 160 in my Cobra, felt stuck like glue... Best most stable DR I've had yet. (BFG/Nitto/Hoosier) Haven't tried the MT yet, but I heard they SUCK at going around turns, and my Hoosiers feel like road race tires!:rockon:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I don't know, I haven't driven on them but the above car is manny's turbo 03 from HPP out of texas, he makes somewhere in the 1000rwhp range and as you can tell they wrinkle:)

Second pic is with him on ET/Streets, the old school ones, not the DRs...

And these Hoosiers grab better than the MTs do, just FYI from people who have tried both told me before I bought them.:beer:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
those things look wayyyyyyy to skinny to be a 335. they dont even fill the rim

thats my friend Manny's car, he owns HPP in Lewisville... those are 26x11.5x17 ET streets in the second pic, and I think the first one too. It looks steam rollerish with the 335s on it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread