Hood Shakes Very Bad Above 80mph! WTH?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
the stock hood is extremely light therefore any aftermarket lower valance can devert air up towards the hood causing it to float or vibrate.

pickles

Established Member
I had the same issue. I put stock K member back in along with all the lower plastics and the hood shake is gone

dennisn

Established Member
I didn't put the k member on to just take it off . I'll see if I can get the lower dam attached somehow. Also I'm missing both thingsy on the bottom of the bumper. (spot for fog lights on cs) that's probably not helping me either.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I just got a kmember on the car and experienced bad hood shake at 130mph. I have a roush front grille, stock hood, and lower plastics removed due to the k-member.

dennisn

Established Member
Just a follow up. I installed the underneath piece with zip ties to k member and front lower dam.

Not even so much as a wiggle at over 120 mph. Still have cdc grill as well as missing inserts where fog lights go for cs.

RIPCHVY

Established Member
I had this same issue with mine the problem was the bumper splash guards and all not being together right by the express lube that did my oil change. Mine even vibrated so bad it made the hood pop and luckily the latch kept it from coming up to my windshield.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I had this problem for a little while a couple months after I installed my BMR k member and various BMR front end components. I couldn't figure it out either. I adjusted the bumpstops and tightened the hood props down but nothing worked. Then I installed my VMP blower and it magically went away. Weird. My guess is that my service tray blocked the upwards air flow back when I had the stock k member and when it was removed, the turbulent uprising air was the cause. My front end is just a bit lower after the VMP install and I think the angle change and extra engine bay components were the cure.

Users who are viewing this thread