Hood pull bracket broken!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
So I just came in from checking something under the hood of my Cobra and when I pulled the hood release the bracket that holds the cable in place on the driver's side kick panel broke off in my hand! :eek:

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or if there are any instructions on how to replace this thing? The cable itself didn't break, just the plastic bracket but now of course the hood won't latch b/c there's not tension in the cable. I can tell there's at least one bolt on the bracket housing on the kick panel but otherwise it looks like this thing will be a total PITA to replace.

TIA for anything constructive!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
My hood release dealy is broken too, but my hood still latches. Just the handle moves around very freely on that kick panel. :shrug:

Kirk01

Established Member
My hood release dealy is broken too, but my hood still latches. Just the handle moves around very freely on that kick panel. :shrug:

This is exactly how mine is. It was fine until I took the kick panel apart. Now it kind of does its own thing.

Doesn't bother me too much seeing as it still works when I need it to.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member

This is exactly how mine is. It was fine until I took the kick panel apart. Now it kind of does its own thing.

Doesn't bother me too much seeing as it still works when I need it to.

I was a bit surprised to find that piece is made of plastic rather than metal. You'd think that would be made of something stronger given how much that piece will get yanked over the life of the car.

I take you all haven't come across any replacement instruction for this thing? :??:

steveosvt

Established Member
I just bought an 01 and the hood release was really hard to pull. I was worried I would break the plastic handle, so I sprayed the latch assly with some T-9. It cycles pretty easy now.

Users who are viewing this thread