Votes: 28 43.1%
  • NOT Rice!

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
On one of the best looking hoods ever put on a Mustang? IMO a big yes sir.

roach4047

Established Member
Hood pins were around and in style long before the Ricer Fad ever got off the ground so I voted No... Not Rice.

Roach

shb5007

Established Member
I think it depends on the car/hood.

On an 03/04 Cobra with a stock hood, NO.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you need them, then they aren't rice. Or in this case I think fluff would be a more accurate term than rice.

If "the hood shake" is becoming bothersome, as it does on some cars, then these might help.

If it is a visual appearance mod only, the only person who needs to like them is you. If you like them get them.

How will anyone know if they were needed or not? They can't know unless you tell them.

cobracide

Established Member
If you need them, then they aren't rice. Or in this case I think fluff would be a more accurate term than rice.

If "the hood shake" is becoming bothersome, as it does on some cars, then these might help.

If it is a visual appearance mod only, the only person who needs to like them is you. If you like them get them.

How will anyone know if they were needed or not? They can't know unless you tell them.

Just don't want to leave the impression that the car is looking "over the top" so to speak. It's a pretty rare mod so definitely a take it or leave it and a noticeable jump from the factory look.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just don't want to leave the impression that the car is looking "over the top" so to speak. It's a pretty rare mod so definitely a take it or leave it and a noticeable jump from the factory look.

Light weight lift off race hoods HAVE to run them, some of them look very much like stock hoods.

Lots of open track guys run them because we see speeds over 140 fairly regularly and a latch failure could get very ugly FAST.

cobracide

Established Member
Light weight lift off race hoods HAVE to run them, some of them look very much like stock hoods.

Lots of open track guys run them because we see speeds over 140 fairly regularly and a latch failure could get very ugly FAST.

Even though I don't track - I DO like how practical the pins are. Not looking for "Triple digit hood take offs".

Users who are viewing this thread