Hood Needs To Be Repainted

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
The hood has a few cracks in the paint...the cracks are all over the hood:gt: It is most prevalent at the end of the hood, just above the grill. I used some touch up, but they are still really obvious. I brought in to the dealer this morning, the body shop took some pics. and confirmed that it is really light layer of paint that is on the car.

I know it has been said here before, but why doesn"t Ford put a few extra coats on the car???

Anyone else experience this?

:beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Was it that way when you picked it up? I don't remember any cracks so to speak, but I did have several paint defects so the dealer had the hood completely repainted. The body shop matched the paint pretty well, even the swirl marks......

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I shouldn't say cracks like "cracks in the pavement"...it is more like cracked glass. By this there are about 20 little "cracks" all in a nice parallel row. The are also a few of these lines forming on different parts of the hood.

It was not there when I picked the car up. It is something that has just appeared and seems to be getting progressively worse.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
No, I did not do the hood mod, due to the fact that I just got it back for the new ds and I have been dealing with Isidore and Lili.

Could this be the cause? It is really hot down here with the combination of heat and huimidity.

Users who are viewing this thread