Hood Mod?

Sin

Established Member
real quick question. Is the hood mod simply taking off the blanket under the hood that sys COBRA? What am I getting out of that and Iv'e heard not to do that when I've questioned the idea?:shrug:

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 03NYTMRE
real quick question. Is the hood mod simply taking off the blanket under the hood that sys COBRA? What am I getting out of that and Iv'e heard not to do that when I've questioned the idea?:shrug:

People cut away around the extractor vents, I took the whole blanket off. If you clean the underside of the hood, it looks awesome open at shows.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Don't remove the hood blanket, cut the openings larger. Many guys removed their hood blankets on the older Cobra's and now if you see one you'll notice that the paint on the hood is kind of cloudy looking. I believe this is because paint is always curing/drying. The removal of the blanket allows the paint on the hood to be exposed to the higher engine temperatures and ages it much faster than the rest of the car.

-norcal_cobra

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by norcal_cobra
Don't remove the hood blanket, cut the openings larger. Many guys removed their hood blankets on the older Cobra's and now if you see one you'll notice that the paint on the hood is kind of cloudy looking. I believe this is because paint is always curing/drying. The removal of the blanket allows the paint on the hood to be exposed to the higher engine temperatures and ages it much faster than the rest of the car.

-norcal_cobra

So when I posted, "should I remove the hood blanket?" about three weeks ago, where the hell were you?:thumbsup:

Eh, if it starts looking crappy ill just get it repainted:-D

Sin

Established Member
well norcal, I see the dillema. take the blanket off-damage hood faster, but less heat. Maybe I should do a poll on this???thanx for the tip also.

Sin

Established Member
there you are Brad. I couldnt type fast enough. Where was I? I should have been a member a long time ago. like last summer ago. But eh, you're right.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
So when I posted, "should I remove the hood blanket?" about three weeks ago, where the hell were you?:thumbsup:

Eh, if it starts looking crappy ill just get it repainted:-D

Hmmm... Sorry Brad, I must've missed your post :)

Anyways, it's not too late to put is back on!

-norcal_cobra

ntechnic

Established Member
I'll vouch for the paint damage. Seen it with my own two eyes. Cars were about 3-5 years old.

I'm keeping the blanket. And I'll do the hood mod, any day now.

Users who are viewing this thread