hood mod

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've been a died in the wool Blue oval nut for many years. I have had my 03 for several months now and have just recently registed
on this site. What is the "hood mod" I've seen listed?

Thanks, Ray

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
It's a hood vent mod originally done by "postban". Do a search on his profile and you'll find a link in his sig.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
Take off the hood?!?!

Naked heathen.

I resemble that remark.

No just take out the liner.. Then I popped out the scoops, unsnapped and opened up the "bottom flap" . I cut off the flaps where they hinge with some pruner shears lol. Nice clean cut.

It looks like all the flaps do is block airflow. The water gets in there if they are there or not. I don't really see the purpose of them or any reason to keep them. Well I guess it keeps you from seeing the engine parts through them, but I don't mind that one bit.

Mines a garage queen/weekend toy so the only water getting in there will be from car washes, and I'll wipe that out, then drive it.

The scoops just pop right out. Remeber that when it comes time to wax. Those things will look horrible with dried wax on them.

Last edited:

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the repilies you guys. This was my first post on ths forum. I'm learning alot so far about my latest and greatest mustang Cobra. I hope I can contribute some insight from my expieriences and help someone else out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread