Hood adjustment

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Hey guys (gals too? Maybe),

I have searched for hood adjustment topics and found the latch shim fix and the bump stop adjustment. Did those to button the hood up after it was all dismantled for paint.

I noticed however that the driver side of the hood, by the bracket by the cowl piece is higher than the passenger side. The passenger side of the hood is flush from the headlight to the cowl. Stock hood, no struts, factory hardware.

The driver side is higher above the fender and is lower than the fender by the headlight.

I tweaked the driver bump stop higher which aided in flushing the hood up front but not the bracket.

My questions would be

Is there a way to adjust the bracket?

If not

Is it okay to have one bump stop essentially all the way down and the other almost maxed up?

IMG_2300.JPG
IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
IMG_2306.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Termn804

Established Member
Any fixes to this? My car has same issue. Not as bad, but sits higher on driver side in the back.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Did you take the fenders off? There are shims under the mounting screws to make them match the hood. You can play with these to get what you are looking for.

Termn804

Established Member
Did you take the fenders off? There are shims under the mounting screws to make them match the hood. You can play with these to get what you are looking for.
You were correct! Previous owner installed MRT hood strut kit and didn’t put the spacer back in on driver side. I installed the passenger side one to see if it corrected it and it’s WAY better. Time to get a shim for passenger side now lol. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread