Honeymoon: Out west trip from Ohio to Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, etc… what should we take?

helldiver14

Established Member
As the title says going out west for the honeymoon. Here’s the question. I came from riding sport bikes and have a strong dislike for Harley’s. I sold my FZ to a buddy a year ago and ride my other buddies Street Glide every now and then because she likes the comfort. I thought about picking up a road glide and trailering it out there with our Expedition. Then I thought it would also be fun to maybe take a 2nd Gen lightning or a 2013-14 GT out there. Which would y’all go with?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Last time I was out that way with the wife we took the Vette. Too many great roads to drive on out there!

U.M.

IMG_2288.jpg

20160920_085038.jpg

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As the title says going out west for the honeymoon. Here’s the question. I came from riding sport bikes and have a strong dislike for Harley’s. I sold my FZ to a buddy a year ago and ride my other buddies Street Glide every now and then because she likes the comfort. I thought about picking up a road glide and trailering it out there with our Expedition. Then I thought it would also be fun to maybe take a 2nd Gen lightning or a 2013-14 GT out there. Which would y’all go with?
What vehicle do you own now? So you own an Expedition, but where would you get the 2nd Gen Lightning or 2013/2014 GT? How long will you be on your honeymoon? If a week or less, do you really want to buy a Road Glide just for the honeymoon out west?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
We took a similar trip last year, in our 2020 F250 Tremor. Lots of deer all over the place, be careful driving.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Depends on mods. GT would be fun if the exhaust isn't too loud as that gets old to me after a few hours.

I wouldn't want to take the Lightning as mileage will be terrible and that's a lot of miles all at once on an SVT.

Expedition would be most comfortable and capable if you hit any weather.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Expedition would be most comfortable and capable if you hit any weather.

once in Yellowstone I like having something that sits up a little more for animal spotting. There's probably plenty of fun roads out there but in the parks speed limits are pretty low for the most part

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Take whatever is most comfortable, that’s a long drive and if the wife is uncomfortable, she will make sure you are too.

SGT MERC

Established Member
Make sure you take sweatshirts and a jacket for Yellowstone. We went in June and it was snowing at the upper elevations. We didn't know and had to stop at a gift shop to buy some clothing for cold weather. Try fitting the Bad Lands in as well... It's beautiful.
2131745607.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I did the trip leaving from Washington plus going all the way down to the Grand Canyon with my parents in their Focus hatchback and that was really fun, even in a small car like that. If I did it again though I would want an RV to make the most of it, but I think an SUV would be better than the other choices.

Users who are viewing this thread