Home stereo / theatre recommendations

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I’m a huge fan of Cerwin Vega. My towers rattle the house. They are the full cabinet 12inch series. I’d have to look at the specific model.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
For a home theater in a room the size you described, I would personally want a 5.1 set up. You will want a good sub to fill the room, and you will want speaker stands to keep the main and satellite speakers at the proper level.

I'm not a BOSE fan, but many of the recommendations given already are great.

Many people have underpowered systems and wonder why things sound thin. You want quality, and you want the biggest RMS wattage available in your price range. Set up is also a big key.

My best suggestion without walking through your house to find out exactly what you want and need is to visit a few home audiophile forums. This will also give you acoustic room tuning suggestions.

I spend a lot of time in my control room as an engineer and producer. I can tell you that different sound set ups produce a different experience given the room and how the room is tuned using furniture, acoustic panels, curtains, etc.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm Klipsch fan but I no longer run surround. If I were to go back I would get the Klipsch Reference Premiere Atmos system with stereo subs.

Coiled03

Established Member
There are a million different ways to take this with the used market.

I run a Marantz receiver, and a set of old Klipsch KG4.5s If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy a different brand of speakers, as Klipschs are notoriously bright.

If I really had my choice, I'd be running Krell equipment. But, that's a wee bit out of my price range.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A receiver will stretch your $$$$$'s further than components. I have had good service from Onkyo.
Speakers determine the sound quality, I'm running an Atlantic Technology system, 5.1.
Blu-ray disc player, either it or your receiver needs to upscale to 4K, these are not big $$$$ items.

08mojo

Established Member
Check out internet direct companies, most will offer a free in home trial. I have products from all of these:

Best Home Theater Surround Sound Audio Systems

Home Audio Speakers, Subwoofers and Cables | SVS

Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories | Emotiva Audio

There are a million different ways to take this with the used market.

I run a Marantz receiver, and a set of old Klipsch KG4.5s If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy a different brand of speakers, as Klipschs are notoriously bright.

If I really had my choice, I'd be running Krell equipment. But, that's a wee bit out of my price range.

Audiogon.com is a great online marketplace.

_Snake_

Established Member
<sigh>

Wife took one look at the Klipsch speakers and said they were an eyesore. My reply didn’t help my cause. Lol

Blown 89

Established Member
<sigh>

Wife took one look at the Klipsch speakers and said they were an eyesore. My reply didn’t help my cause. Lol
And that's why there are so many good deals on used gear lol.

FWIW, those speakers have Black felt grates over them. The gold speakers aren't visible.

I'm willing to bet if she heard a good setup she'd bend. With TVs getting so thin the audio suffers and just being able to hear dialogue goes a long way to selling surround sound.

pdm

Established Member
BIC Venturi model DV64. They are certainly the best bang for buck and even considered reference quality by some. I’m driving 6 of them with a 7.1 Pioneer. Personally, they sound more natural than kilpsch. The center channel is full size too, and not some anemic after thought.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I used to be a components guy. Big receiver and multiple speakers and etc. I've changed though thru the years. Personally I'd just do a Sonos setup. You would be surprised at how big the sound is. You can do a 5.1 setup with them as well and be within your budget and the wife will like it's smaller footprint. Plus they are voice controllable and the whole setup is modular. Can add, pair and etc multiple pieces. They have had Alexa in them forever now but next week Google Assistant will be available also.

_Snake_

Established Member
FWIW, those speakers have Black felt grates over them. The gold speakers aren't visible.

I was wondering about grates, thanks.

Looks like Klipsch is back in the game! Lol

Edit - I’ve been searching from my phone and went back to the pics for a closer look. The grates are clearly pictured on the towers. I completely missed them somehow.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
With covers
e3a904539ea6c98918f1504fc6fb2621.jpg

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread