Holy mother of god I hate GT40P heads!

Freedom

Established Member
Damn burned up plug wires... now have an exhaust wrap on the exhaust, a heat shiled sheath and heat tape on the plug wires, see if that holds.... Yes I have ordered correct headers for it, but until then I have to get it to run right, its my DD for the time being.

Oh and a pic for you.....

mustang.jpg

Last edited:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
how did the heads burn up the plug wires? i have some procomp 175cc heads i'll swap ya lol. btw goodlooking vert ya got there

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
^^spark plug is in a different location so they point pretty much straight out. The head of the plug sits right on the headers. Ford racing sells a special header that goes out more before going back. Solves the problem. Sounds like he already bought some

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
To the op, I got a set of straight plug wires from an auto part store and put a dimple in the factory headers when I had the gt40p's on my fox. With the straight plug wires, I think I only had to dimple the last one on the drivers side. I think it cost me around $60 total for the wires and to have a muffler shop to knock a dimple in the header. Why did you go with the gt40p's anyway? They make leagal aluminum heads that will save weight and flow better for around a grand. I saw saw some gain on my fox but I always regreted not going with an aluminum head

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
ah ok i got ya. is it just me or does ford racing parts suck?

Suck? Eh, not really, but I know what you mean. You can get parts from other companies that are compareable or better for a lot cheaper.....except these headers of course! At least it was this way when I owned my 5.0, but that was 4 years ago. Ford racing was the only one who offere them

Freedom

Established Member
Free! I went with GT40P's because they were free.... and the only plug i have problems with is the second one back on the drivers side... all the others clear factory headers easily... I knew this would happen, but you gotta take what you get when you get it.... just bought more plug wires in the last two weeks than I have in the lifetime of cars I have had...

On a positive note, it seems to be fine for now, with an exhaust wrap, a heat shield tape and a heat shield boot, ran fine all day... which is longer than it has ran since I owned it.

93sspcoupe

Established Member
Suck? Eh, not really, but I know what you mean. You can get parts from other companies that are compareable or better for a lot cheaper.....except these headers of course! At least it was this way when I owned my 5.0, but that was 4 years ago. Ford racing was the only one who offere them

there plug wires suck and so do there coil springs lol. there springs was too soft cauesing both my tires to rub on the front. the rear springs are fine lol. plug wires have too many ohms of resistance.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
there plug wires suck and so do there coil springs lol. there springs was too soft cauesing both my tires to rub on the front. the rear springs are fine lol. plug wires have too many ohms of resistance.

Good thing to know! WOW! That sucks, man!

93sspcoupe

Established Member
Good thing to know! WOW! That sucks, man!

tell me about it, my grilfriend bought them spings for christmas and they are way to soft. now i get to hear her say YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE RESEARCH ON THEM BLAH BLAH. usuall chick stuff. i got my buddy cutting the stock front springs and i'm gonna tell her i fixed the ford racing racing springs lol.

sorry dont mean hijack your thread:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread