Holy crap! Millionaire influencer drives 259 mph on Autobahn; gets scolded by German government.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I read this on Fox News this morning. The guy has steel balls, and probably feels wearing a helmet in a crash at those speeds wouldn't help much. LOL.

German government scolds millionaire influencer who drove 259mph on the Autobahn.​

Passer thanked God for his safety in the Bugatti Chiron​

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

The Bugatti Veyron is capable of reaching speeds above 300 mph. Czech real estate tycoon Radim Passer has been officially scolded by the German Transport Ministry for a video he posted to his popular YouTube channel of him driving a Bugatti Chiron at an indicated 259 mph (417 km/h) on the Autobahn. The point-of-view video that's racked up over 4 million views was shot last July, but posted on January 9th and has an overlay displaying the speed of the vehicle as it speeds along the A2 Autobahn connecting Berlin and Hannover, passing cars on his way.

Passer wore a racing firesuit, but no helmet, during the stunt, while his passenger had on just an open leather jacket and T-shirt.

The $3 million Chiron, powered by a 1,500 hp sixteen-cylinder engine, has an official restricted top speed of 261 mph, but certain versions of the 1,500 hp supercar have been unlocked to reach over 300 mph on closed test tracks.

The section of the road Passer was on has no fixed speed limit, so he didn't technically break any laws, but the Ministry said in a statement Wednesday that it "rejects any behavior in road traffic that leads or can lead to endangering road users."

"All road users must abide by the rules of the road traffic regulations," it added, citing the first clause of Germany's road traffic law, which states that "anyone participating in traffic must behave in such a way that no other person is harmed, endangered or obstructed or inconvenienced more than is unavoidable under the circumstances."

"We thank God for the safety and good circumstances, as we were able to reach the speed of 414 km/h !" Passer wrote in the video's caption. Passer has an estimated worth of $308 million and is the Czech Republic's 33rd-riches person, according to Forbes.

blk02edge

Established Member
That could never happen in the US, not because of the less than ideal road upkeep and condition, but due to the fact everyone thinks the passing lane is their own personnel lane. In Germany they have a law that says stay right unless you are faster and are about to pass someone.
We have that law up here too, doesn't seem to make much difference as people still camp in the left lane. Cops only seem to care about cell phones.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Damn I was just about to post this! HAHA

Dude was moving effortlessly, hell of car!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That could never happen in the US, not because of the less than ideal road upkeep and condition, but due to the fact everyone thinks the passing lane is their own personnel lane. In Germany they have a law that says stay right unless you are faster and are about to pass someone.
That totally makes sense. We should have the same law here in the U.S. Left lane for passing only.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
+7 after the other comments.

I’d say things would change after people get their ass pushed in by a +80mph collision, but we all know it wouldn’t. Ignorance and total lack of situational awareness knows NO bounds.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Man, I loved driving in Germany. People pay attention to their review mirror. When they see you rolling up on them they get the F out of the way.

Not like the A holes here in the U.S.

Even in that video, every car was in the farthest right lane. Not even driving in the middle lane. That's how it's supposed to be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

It almost happened in the USA, 2019 a Bugatti Chiron hit 253mph on an Idaho hwy in the Sun Valley tour de force.

An event I’m looking forward to in participating in this summer or next

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
It almost happened in the USA, 2019 a Bugatti Chiron hit 253mph on an Idaho hwy in the Sun Valley tour de force.

An event I’m looking forward to in participating in this summer or next

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Again big difference between closed course and open road like the Chiron did. Not taking anything away from the Veyron just that when you don't have traffic and other hazards to contend you can actually concentrate more on driving.

And about that stay right it is a big deal as if the Fed German Police see you going slow or holding up traffic they will pull you over and issue a citation outside of the extreme right lane. The other 2 are strictly for passing and I think to give room for emergency vehicles off on the shoulder.

I think after the 2nd one they will restrict your license or maybe restrict you from going on the Autobahn.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I loved driving in Germany. People pay attention to their review mirror. When they see you rolling up on them they get the F out of the way.

Not like the A holes here in the U.S.

Even in that video, every car was in the farthest right lane. Not even driving in the middle lane. That's how it's supposed to be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Liability is also different.

In the US - he who hits is almost always to blame.

Over there, he who impedes is to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread