Holley standalone fuel help

budman5023

Established Member
The car is a 04 mustang gt being built for road racing. I have the holley hp plug and play and have run into an issue with fueling. Do I need to go to a return style fuel system for the Holley? If not, how is it integrated into the holley? No help from Holley. Thanks guys.

decipha

Established Member
If it doesnt support a returnless setup you can get a GM fuel filter that has the internal fuel pressure regulator. Run a return line from the filter return outlet to the tank. Youll have to pull the hat drill a hole in it and run a fuel line to the bottom of the pickup

budman5023

Established Member
If it doesnt support a returnless setup you can get a GM fuel filter that has the internal fuel pressure regulator. Run a return line from the filter return outlet to the tank. Youll have to pull the hat drill a hole in it and run a fuel line to the bottom of the pickup
Thanks for the info. I passed the info to my installer and he said that the gm one wont work because of to much psi. I didnt really think that mattered but i am new to fuel systems other than pump upgrades.

budman5023

Established Member
Why not just run a regular return system? I'm assuming this is for the race car.
It was probably gonna happen eventually. I was just trying to stay within budget and modify the car system by system like stages. I really wanted to get a fuel cell to go with the fuel system. Oh well it is what it is. Good thing is if I go coyote or decide to use ethanol, I can. Yeah, it is for the race car. Ordered some fuel parts from lethal performance to complete the system.

Users who are viewing this thread