Hitching a ride

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Coyote travels 600 miles in car bumper - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Coyote travels 600 miles in car bumper

You might be surprised.

Daniel East and his sister, Tevyn, were traveling at about 75 mph along Interstate 80 when they saw some coyotes running nearby.

One of the coyotes ran in front of the car.

"Right off the bat, we knew it was bad," Daniel East said.

They said they kept driving because they thought they had killed the animal, so there was no point in stopping.

They were on their way to start to new chapter in their lives, to be in a community of artists and farmers in North San Juan, just outside Nevada City.

After they arrived, eight to 10 hours later, they found the trapped animal and called Penn Valley-based Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release.

Jan Crowell, a rehabilitation center volunteer, said she brought a catch pole, an animal carrier, gloves and blankets.

When she arrived, East and his sister were taking the screws out of the car's grill in an effort to get the animal out.

Once the grill was pulled forward, the coyote poked its head out.

"No broken bones, no internal injuries, nothing," Daniel East said, adding that the animal only had a few scrapes on one of his paws.

Crowell said she placed the loop of the catch pole around the coyote's neck and put the creature into a dog carrier.

The coyote was taken to the rehabilitation facility.

It remained there until Thursday, when it managed to push up the steel at the bottom of a kennel to free itself, Crowell said.

It hasn't been seen since.

"We named it Tricky for a reason," Daniel East said.

Wow. Good think it wasn't a car with steel bumpers.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
I didn't realize it was an animal until half way down.. I thought it was a coyote (illegal alien trafficker).

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Thats BS, you can't drive 8-10 hours without stopping for gas!! Most normal people would notice it when they stopped!

That's what I was thinking...or at least stopping for food/restroom breaks...

Friend of mine drove 50 miles to the drag strip with a kitten on his gas tank (F150). Took me about 45 min to get the darn thing out of there!

Common

Established Member
Thats BS, you can't drive 8-10 hours without stopping for gas!! Most normal people would notice it when they stopped!

It might have been an Asian woman driver of a Hybrid. No need to stop and we all know they cant see for shit. They are the Stevie Wonder's of the road!

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
i cant believe that thing lived. lucky coyote.

the people were driving were a bunch of hippies. it mentions them going to cali to live in a "community", so ya, they probably were driving a hybred

Users who are viewing this thread