Hit n run

SVT4ME

Established Member
Been driving for over 33 years so I guess it was bound to happen. Going down a main road around 45 mph on my way to work when a car pulls out in front of me. I nail him with my front right quarter panel to his front left panel and push him over the sidewalk, landscaping into the business parking lot. I get out to look at the damage and this fool is trying to start his car. Next thing I know he does and instead of just turning around in the parking lot he's in he jumps the same curb, landscaping and side walk and takes off back down the same street he was trying to get on. I got his license plate (out of state California), one witness, a perfect tire mark over the side walk what can I expect next? When the cops showed up he said the car wasn't stolen but he would need to investigate the accident. On a side note, I was in my Fiat Abarth and that little bruiser handle the wreck like a champ in the sense that I was not injured and it could be driven away. Wish I would haven been in my Titan and the 03 Cobra was safe n sound in the garage.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
As long as no Terminators were injured that's all that really matters. Being serious - glad to hear you weren't injured. He almost certainly doesn't have insurance so your uninsured motorist coverage will handle it - question is if your rates will take a hit. To me they shouldn't, but insurance companies don't increase their profits by being fair and doing what's right.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Driver had a turn pocket with a yield sign. No not required to stop but is required to yield to traffic already in the lane.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At least you weren't hurt. So what was the damage to your Abarth?

oldmodman

Established Member
If the other driver flees the scene of an accident then he is automatically at fault. File with you own insurance and they will claim against the car that hit you.

Provided that the plate actually matches the car. And, of course, the other vehicle is actually insured.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My three guesses,
1) Under the influence.
2) No insurance.
3) Outstanding warrants

Don't know on your insurance, here in Mi we have no fault.

Users who are viewing this thread