Hit and Run at Work

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
While I appreciate you’re job is helping you by taking care of it, I completely disagree with this. They should not be involved in a hit and run by this immature punk, even if he was on the clock and on company grounds.

At my work (chemical manufacturing facility) said punk, would be drug tested like any other accident on company property/time.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Get police report, file via your insurance. If you have to pay deductible, take him to small claims court to recoup deductible.

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol had the same thing happen to me years ago when I was new at my job (I was 18) I was parked at the job site and the project manager parked next to my truck, when he left he turned right into it my truck and folded in the bedside. He just took off as if nothing happened, luckily two employees saw it. I immediately phone him and got a firm denial, so I phoned the owner of the company who only told me to come by the office where he showed me a video clip of this same guy literally destroying a parked porsche in a parking lot. Looked at me and said, yea... We'll be paying your insurance deductible....

To this day it pisses me off that this douche canoe never had any accountability.. The owner just cucked and paid for his mistakes.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
that's missing the whole point - then OP's rates go up because shit is not his fault.

Homie's insurance should be covering it. End of story.
Understood and agree. Sorry, was half asleep when I read this thread lol. Reread original post.

What should have happened: Call police and get police report, get copy of video evidence. Submit to insurance company. They should agree that damage was not the fault of OP and go after other dude, assuming OP got homie's plate number and insurance.

I was sideswiped last year in my Lexus 2 months before the lease was ending and I had to turn it in. Police showed up, made easy work determining that I wasnt at fault, issued report and everyone went on their way. I took my car to a body shop after reporting the accident and was kind of treated cold and methodically by my insurance company. Stated repairs would be covers less my deductible, even when I told them I was determined not at fault. Until they received the official police report with the determination in my favor, that is.

After that, holy balls shit moved pretty fast. Repairs were completed quickly and not a single penny out of pocket. They have very good lawyers working for them to get things expedited and get responsible parties/insurance to cough up payment. Not sure how it would go down in the event of a hit and run or underinsured/uninsured.

Since work is stepping up (for whatever reason) then let laying dogs lie. Id tell young kid to never park next to me again.

Machdup1

Established Member
He ****ed you.

1. Report to police
2. Report to HR
3. Report to Insurance
4. Get copy of tape

Users who are viewing this thread