History on this 95R?

prez1967

Established Member
Reached out to a seller with a 95 R but he couldnt really offer much info on the history of the car hes selling.

Apparently it went backwards into a tire wall and had its rear body panels replaced. Says its clean but waiting on pictures. Also waiting to hear if the Kenny Brown Roll bar is bolt in or weld in (I wont fit with it in there likely and hoping its bolt in).

I have a picture from a magazine article but the file is too large to uplaod.

The article says the car was owned by successful builder Andy Watts. Stock bottom end with Edelbrock Performer heads, F cam, S trim. Griggs Suspension.

Stock R parts long gone. Factory Cobra fuel tank since R fuel Cell needed replacing, etc. Car has under 10K miles and has been in storage for the better part of 20 years but runs and drives.

Anyone have any input on the car and/or its history? Basically interested in what was damaged in accident.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Reached out to a seller with a 95 R but he couldnt really offer much info on the history of the car hes selling.

Apparently it went backwards into a tire wall and had its rear body panels replaced. Says its clean but waiting on pictures. Also waiting to hear if the Kenny Brown Roll bar is bolt in or weld in (I wont fit with it in there likely and hoping its bolt in).

I have a picture from a magazine article but the file is too large to uplaod.

The article says the car was owned by successful builder Andy Watts. Stock bottom end with Edelbrock Performer heads, F cam, S trim. Griggs Suspension.

Stock R parts long gone. Factory Cobra fuel tank since R fuel Cell needed replacing, etc. Car has under 10K miles and has been in storage for the better part of 20 years but runs and drives.

Anyone have any input on the car and/or its history? Basically interested in what was damaged in accident.

Do you know the chassis number, (IE: #xx of 250 as an example)?
I know of two that had Edelbrock heads and a supercharger, this one:

and #235 of 250

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Kenny Brown roll bars were bolt-in unless they decided to weld it in.

I'm not familiar with the name connected with that car. And the history doesn't sound familiar but I do know of a couple that were backed into walls and repaired. These were street cars driven on track, not dedicated race cars.

As Bill said, what are the last 6 of the VIN or the build number. That may help one of us identify it.

Tom

prez1967

Established Member
Thanks for your replies. The VIN is: 1FALP42C1SF213696

Attachments

• 1D6C54F8-0B35-4BA8-8337-1C3ADC78DED6.jpeg
    1D6C54F8-0B35-4BA8-8337-1C3ADC78DED6.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2CCCF4C6-9E44-4373-AAF2-89878F406941.jpeg
    2CCCF4C6-9E44-4373-AAF2-89878F406941.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 90

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought it was the S/C 1995 Cobra R that I watched hit the wall in T-8 in a HSR event. It wasn't it as that car is fully decaled.

I was in this car at the time:
94Cobra-4.jpg

They ran well with a bunch of negative camber on the front wheels to get it to turn.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I remember one similar to that description that somebody outfitted as a HDPE toy. Went waaaaaaay overboard with mods, one of those was the supercharger. The other was a really snazzy set of 6 pot front calipers. One provided more than enough go, but unfortunately the front brake pads on those 6 pots were green, and didn't provide nearly enough "whoa". The end result was a spectacular spin, rear end first, off turn 6 at Road Atlanta on the out lap. The car was pretty well tweaked, but I saw it offered with all parts intact with the rear quarters re-arranged (i.e., wrecked). It was too expensive for what it was, so I passed.

The next owner went waaaaaaaay overboard restoring the car, to the point of adding back all the stuff Ford deleted to make the car a race car, including a stock Cobra saddle leather interior (complete with rear seat), and the stock Mach 460 among other things. It appeared that they did extensive repairs to the rear quarters.

So, in short...if the car you're referencing is a real R car with a Cartech upper, Vortech, and a full leather interior with a Mach 460...then that may be the one I remember.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread