highest hp NA 2-valve setup

cmycobrafly

Established Member
I am going to be picking up a 96 mustang gt 4.6 just to toy with, I have been looking into the trickflow heads and cam kit, has anybody installed one of these with there trackheat intake with headers and exhaust and if so what hp levels are we talking at tires I am hoping to get into the high 300s at the tires am i crazy i think it is possible on 93 octane if compression is right at 11 to 1.

DaBigBone

Established Member
A 96 GT with a 4.6, trickflow heads, cams, intake, exhaust, and high 300s?

Not a chance in hell.

You'll be lucky to crack into the 320s.

DaBigBone

Established Member

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I would think A 2V @ 11:1 compression on pump wouldn't be able to run any meaningful timing, which would really hold you back. TF Heads will change this a bit, but the 2V doesn't handle high compression as well as 4V's - a splash of Race gas will probably be required to get the numbers you want. At least reliable enough to run on the street.

Even then, their intake certainly wouldn't do it. You would need a Reichard or something that would let the Engine rev to 7,000+ cleanly. Wild, wild cams too.

I remember MM+FF's Richard Holdener did one years ago, but had to use a one off intake to achieve those #'s. He sold the rights to it, but for some reason it's never been marketed. :shrug:

Last edited:

03DSGGT

Established Member
I have the 38cc TFS heads on my 03GT as well as CMS stage 2.5 N/A cams, full boltons, HPS intake, stock bottom end and Im at 330rwhp...

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The highest HP 281 2v are around 475-500FWHP on a ported PI and 500-525FWHP ported TFS on C-10.

For a street motor using bolt on I would expect 350-375rwhp through a manual trans with the right combo.

Users who are viewing this thread