High Speed Fan Switch Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I have always wondered... Wouldn't there be some sort of ill effects of leaving the fan on high all the time? At least wouldn't the fan wear out sooner? It seems if it causes no harm they would have done it from the factory. But then again, it is a Ford. lol.

JasonSnake

Established Member
albino96 said:
I have always wondered... Wouldn't there be some sort of ill effects of leaving the fan on high all the time? At least wouldn't the fan wear out sooner? It seems if it causes no harm they would have done it from the factory. But then again, it is a Ford. lol.

not to mention the big surge it gives the alternator when the fan comes on. I would think after a while it will shorten the life span of the alt..

The reason I say this is cause when I just bought the 95 tbird, the low side of the fan was not working. And the car had a brand new alt. I noticed that the high speed side had to come on to compensate, so that battery gauge needle would jump around tremendously when the fan came on. Of course, the new alt. and high speed always coming on may just be coincidence.

epfalzer

Established Member
Will this work on a 03 Cobra b/c I just tried it and when I ground the wire nothing happens??? Where is the high speed fan relay on the 03 Cobra, maybe mine is bad??

allgo90

Established Member
just tried today and it doesnt seem to be working. i tapped into the lightgreen/purple stripe wire and ran it to a switch with a power source and a ground.. anything im doing wrong?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Anybody get it to work yet? Will it reduce the life of the alternator? I really want to do this mod. Just want to make sure everything is hunkey-dory first.

Black Stang 97

Established Member
i did it, works great.... yeah im pretty sure it wears out the fan motor faster.... but i only turn on the switch when i see the temp pretty high on my gauge.... otherwise, i have the switch off and the fan turns on at the stock fan settings... i say its good for the really hot summer days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread