High mileage

wcdknows

Established Member
Guys..thinking of buying a 99 with 122k on it for a good price. I have a 94 gt with 100k onit I will be selling. With good care,are these engines good for that many miles plus more? What are some of the high miles you guys have seen?

99cob

"New Edger".still pimpin!
Established Member
i got a 106k on my car...daily driver and weekend warrior!haha. still running strong. i think as long as u keep up with the maintenance these cars last for a while!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I know it's not a Cobra, but my parents 94 Mark VIII had 170K on it and the only problem I found was the spark plug seals were shot. It was my drugged up uncle that ended up killing that car.

01 Venom

Established Member
with proper car these cars can live well past 100k miles, you will find many people on here well beyond that and still loving the car.

Tango7

Established Member
I just bought mine with 99000.... I drove it back to NC from Flordia it was 744miles it did not miss a beat and got 25 to 26 miles to the gallon..

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
I bought a 96 GT 3 years ago with 100000 miles on it, it was about an 8/10 car drivetrain wise. The owner always used cheap oil, did basic maintenance and no more, but did it when he was supposed to.

50000 HARD miles later, it uses no more oil than the day i bought it, runs great. Only a few cosmetic and interior issues, as i've since sold it to my girlfriend... who's more ov a 'drive by feel' type. Since the day i bought it its had only Mobil 1 every 3000 miles and full synthetic everywhere possible, it always gets warmed up before it drives.

Ours is just a lowly 96 GT, with the cheapest 4.6 ever made. I'd have no problems whatsoever buying a high mile Cobra, as long as it wasn't previously owned by some idiot who shouldn't have a nice car. An ignorant owner can ruin pretty much anything. A neglected DOHC mod is a truly sad thing...

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
my first 01 w/ the new owner is over 150K miles, that is over 110K miles on the replacement engine that Ford put in under warranty...i don't think he's having any probs...actually just caught up w/ my old 99 cobra not too long ago, i think it has 120K plus w/ no issues...

Users who are viewing this thread