High Mileage - Thoughts

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey there,

Been looking for a car to do a True Street type build on for a while. I want something I can drive while I upgrade because long drawn out projects tend to kill my will to finish them. To that end I had been hunting fox bodies and everything is clapped out or stupid money. I happened upon a 99 Cobra with high miles 200k+ which I could likely get for under $5k. I like the starting point of a 4V. Plus like the new edge body style. Anyone's thoughts on high mileage 4V's?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As long as it's been taken care of you should be good. Do the usual as far as having it checked out and listen for weird noises. Stuff will need to be replaced, but chances are that's stuff you'll be replacing anyway.

I bought a high mileage Cobra because it had the bolt ons I had planned on doing anyway. And stuff that needed to be replaced I was going to upgrade anyway. So it worked out.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah he supposedly has a laundry list of records. I'm just tired of the crazy fox prices and never had looked at new edge stuff. It's on the line of pretty affordable and world's ahead of the fox stuff as far as comfort.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
Nearing in on 200k miles here and it still runs like a champ and I am not kind to mine at all. As long as its maintained you will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread