High Mile 2001 Lightning .

Mystic1199

Established Member
Hey guys looking to get back into another truck sold my 02 years back ...found a local truck high miles 2 owners old people lol ...im going to be using it for maybe towing and home depot runs

its an 01 black but the miles are high 170k ...i have him down to 5500

I just dont know if i want to get into something that high and has no resale value ...i usually only keep my cars for 6-12months then flip them

What you guys think ?

gtmustang00

Established Member
That's cheap enough where i would think you could get your money back when you sell it.

Mystic1199

Established Member
im going to check it out tomorrow ...im just little weary on the miles and maintence but ill know more in the morning

blackedout06

Established Member
I think I saw this truck on CL a little while back... I emailed the owner back and forth a few times interested in it, but then the CL ad expired and never saw it again. I figured it sold...GL with it, the truck seemed nice from the pictures he sent me!

Mystic1199

Established Member
I think I saw this truck on CL a little while back... I emailed the owner back and forth a few times interested in it, but then the CL ad expired and never saw it again. I figured it sold...GL with it, the truck seemed nice from the pictures he sent me!

i didnt think it was on CL where was it located do you remember ?

blackedout06

Established Member
i didnt think it was on CL where was it located do you remember ?
The one i am talking about was listed under Boston....I forget what town though, but I think it was down around the Taunton (somewhere south like that)...if the truck is black it has to be the same one. Did you end up buying it?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Probably just depends on how well it was kept up. I wouldn't mine getting something like that and make it my DD. Then park my current L beside my other garage queen.

Mystic1199

Established Member
wasnt a bad truck few nicks here and there on the truck ..headlights yellowed ...but under the bed it was crusty ...the rails (bed rails maybe ?) were starting to rot bad ...

Gauge cluster wouldnt light up so owners son quessed around 170k but wasnt sure ...

wasnt to flexible on price so i said keep my number .

blackedout06

Established Member
wasnt a bad truck few nicks here and there on the truck ..headlights yellowed ...but under the bed it was crusty ...the rails (bed rails maybe ?) were starting to rot bad ...

Gauge cluster wouldnt light up so owners son quessed around 170k but wasnt sure ...

wasnt to flexible on price so i said keep my number .
sounds so so for $5500... was it a black Lightning?

Mystic1199

Established Member
yea it was a black one ...it didnt look to bad but id be around 4-45ish on it ..i think 55 was just way to high .

Users who are viewing this thread