High 12 Volts with alternator

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
My tuner stated my alternator was only putting out high 12's Volts at WOT. I datalogged and the battery was making 13.5 to 14+ volts at idle and just off idle.

The alternator is 7+ years old...is it in the process of failing when hitting only 12+ volts at WOT?

I will likely replace but want to hear what others have seen..

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
PAPerformance has an alternator upgrade just for the issue you are describing. AM has it for $250. I've never used the upgrade, but I did just replace my voltage regulator w/a PAPerformance regulator and it's working well. I had 15+V and my lights were flickering. Now I max out at 14.6V and no more flickering.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
Just get a factory replacement one, I had a PA Performance one that lasted 3 weeks. Factory replacement is going on 3 years now.

9699cobra1

Established Member
Back from the dead, Anyways you're probably overspinning your alternator because you're running smaller supercharger pulley? Just get a larger diameter pulley on the alternator and you should be golden.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Back from the dead, Anyways you're probably overspinning your alternator because you're running smaller supercharger pulley? Just get a larger diameter pulley on the alternator and you should be golden.
A smaller blower pulley won't affect the alternator RPM. The crank pulley affects the accessory RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread