HIDs

CO_SVT

Established Member
Does anyone know if you can install the factory HIDs onto a non HID car? I'm sure you can, but I guess what I'm asking is how hard is it to do?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Yes, it's possible. However if you're looking at OEM equipment, it's more expensive then just getting it on the car to begin with.

CO_SVT

Established Member
Yes, it's possible. However if you're looking at OEM equipment, it's more expensive then just getting it on the car to begin with.

Problem is finding the car with the options I want, in the color I want. I found several that had the Brembo in Silver but no HIDs which is why I was asking. Thought about having the dealership install before I buy it...:shrug:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Problem is finding the car with the options I want, in the color I want. I found several that had the Brembo in Silver but no HIDs which is why I was asking. Thought about having the dealership install before I buy it...:shrug:

That wouldn't really save you on cost.

I think if you go with some of the aftermarket stuff you can retrofit the non HID housings and save some coin.

The brunt of the cost in changing over to the OEM setup is the fact that the headlight housings cost so much.

Have you considered ordering a 2013? All models in 13 up come with HID's and would also allow you to get the exact vehicle you want.

Having just gone through the replacement process, I know that '12 inventory isn't all that great right now.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
I did it on mine. I paid $940 for both HID headlights on eBay brand new with pigtails, shipped.

It's not a simple process that's for sure and most dealers I went to didn't know how to do it either.

Read my post HERE for links on how we did it.

Hope this helps. HID's are well worth the hassle over non-HID headlights though, night time driving is much better :thumbsup:

CO_SVT

Established Member
That wouldn't really save you on cost.

I think if you go with some of the aftermarket stuff you can retrofit the non HID housings and save some coin.

The brunt of the cost in changing over to the OEM setup is the fact that the headlight housings cost so much.

Have you considered ordering a 2013? All models in 13 up come with HID's and would also allow you to get the exact vehicle you want.

Having just gone through the replacement process, I know that '12 inventory isn't all that great right now.

Honestly, I don't really like the hood on the '13, the front is ok but overall I like the '11-'12 better.

I will look into the retro fit most likely

kona12

Established Member
id say stay with stock housing and put in HIds and call it a day save the $. OEM projectors output with HIDs is much greater that the aftermaket projectors but much costly.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
You can also get the stock HID headlight housings and then buy a non rebased HID kit for a halogen equipped car. That way you'll get regular HID bulbs that will fit right into the housings, but will plug and play into the halogen wiring harness. I'll be selling mine soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread