HIDguys high/low beam install?

sonicmach1

Established Member
Any thoughts on installing this kit. It is much different than the normal low beam only or fog kits that I have seen write-ups on.

I thought I ordered the regular low beam kit, but this has the magnet attachment to move the bulb for high beams. Therefore, it needs input from the high beam power and flash to pass sense lines. I thought I did not have to run lines to the battery, etc. with this kit. (?)

High/Low Beam Kit
dualbeam HID wiring.jpg

vs.

Fog kit
fogHIDwiring.jpg

Thank you.

pony23

Established Member
I just installed that kit the other week. You need battery power for the bi-xenon kit. It just uses the signal from the high beams to close the solinoid for the magnets. I mounted all the stuff behind the bumper over the fog light. It is still a pretty easy install. It works pretty well.

Here is where I mounted all the stuff. I might be able to get a pic of everything in there. This is just the fog install.

IMG_1693cobra.jpg

03MACH04SVT

MYSTICHROME
Established Member
you just connect the red wire to the battery and get a ground. then connect the blue end of the plug to your factory driver side harness (the part that connects to the stock bulb).
then just make the rest of the connections.
the hardest part for me was figuring out where to put the ballasts.
hope this helps

Oldham_Racing

Established Member
i took some time with mine and did a very clean install in order to hide my ballast and wires on my hi/lo kit and my fog kit. i even got the fog kit ballast in the engine bay.

driver side is hidden by the battery.
passenger side is on the top side of frame rail under the intake tube.
5000k lights for all

Users who are viewing this thread