HID -Foglight install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
Moderators please throw away my mistakes!

Got this Foglight Kit from my friends of SVTP. :rockon:

Here is how i´ve installed it to the truck:

These foglights are easy plug&play. The wires are all in a perfect length for our trucks. autoxzone

On the right side you see one side of the kit.

hid1.JPG

Start by removing the radiator cover:

hid2.JPG

Unplug the beams of the foglights and put them away. place the HID beams to the place.

Now you should have the beams at the right place and the ballasts laying on the ground...

Connect the wires that came with the kit directly to the battery. Now you have to place the wires clean on their way to the foglights. Fix them all few inches with some cable-....... (miss the english word) Mod? help please

Now you are ready to plug in to the connectors.

See the next pic:

The next step is to connect to the base that gives the commandos.
The plug you removed on the passenger site must be connected to the last connector thats hanging around. You have to remove the wire on the bottom of the bumper were it´s fixed to make it long enough.

hid3.JPG

This is how it looks after HIFI, HID Bi - XENON and HID Foglights....
i have to work on the wiring soon... Dont like the look of my battery....

hid4.JPG

Your head under the bumper looking to the foglights you will see this....
There is the perfect place for the ballasts of the HID. No drilling required. The holes are already there (on drivers side). On the passenger side i used one whole that i found at the same place. The other site of the bracket i fixed with some very stron glue.

I recommend to put a bit glue (like silicone) at the ballasts to keep them on the place.

hid5.JPG

The olld connector on the driver site is no longer in use. Wrap it in some tape and fix it at the site of the bumper...

hid6.JPG

On this pic you see again the ballast, close to the lower grille.

hid7.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread