HI | PRE-SPRING SALE!!! Velgen VMB5 19x9 / 19x10.5 | 20x9 / 20x10.5 | FREE Shipping

Paul@HI

Established Member
^ LOVE that meaty tire but low profile look the Deep Impact is sportin!

Those are actually 315's. We don't recommend that size tire unless you are ok with 1/4" of poke outside the fender and possibly fender mods depending on your suspension.

But I agree, it looks great :D

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Those are actually 315's. We don't recommend that size tire unless you are ok with 1/4" of poke outside the fender and possibly fender mods depending on your suspension.

But I agree, it looks great :D

I am only rollin on BMR springs 1.0/1.25 drop...No biggie :thumbsup:

Paul@HI

Established Member
All PM's Replied to! Running low on both 20's and 19's! Get your orders in asap to avoid any back orders.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I am only rollin on BMR springs 1.0/1.25 drop...No biggie :thumbsup:

Hey Paul... with the set up I mentioned, U think any issues with that meaty tire set up above I like? Or would u recommend the lower profile for my mediocre stance.

Paul@HI

Established Member
Hey Paul... with the set up I mentioned, U think any issues with that meaty tire set up above I like? Or would u recommend the lower profile for my mediocre stance.

I would do a 305 as a maximum size.

The 315 almost always requires fender mods with any drop.

Also, a 315 tire on a 10.5" wheel is not very affective.

A 315 tire is 12.4" wide. A 10.5" wheel is 11.5" from edge to edge. So a 315 has nearly 1/2" of overhang on each side of the wheel. This extra tire is doing nothing for traction.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I would do a 305 as a maximum size.

The 315 almost always requires fender mods with any drop.

Also, a 315 tire on a 10.5" wheel is not very affective.

A 315 tire is 12.4" wide. A 10.5" wheel is 11.5" from edge to edge. So a 315 has nearly 1/2" of overhang on each side of the wheel. This extra tire is doing nothing for traction.

But sure looks sexy!!! lmao! Jk, thanks for that info. It does make sense! :rockon:

Paul@HI

Established Member
But sure looks sexy!!! lmao! Jk, thanks for that info. It does make sense! :rockon:

Oh it looks bad @$$. There is no doubt about it.

My only gripe with that setup is that it requires modification to the vehicle to make it work and you are not getting a performance upgrade.

If there was no modification required, I would be more inclined to recommend it from a "looks only" perspective.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Oh it looks bad @$$. There is no doubt about it.

My only gripe with that setup is that it requires modification to the vehicle to make it work and you are not getting a performance upgrade.

If there was no modification required, I would be more inclined to recommend it from a "looks only" perspective.

For someone like me...That mod required is cake! I actually own a EASTWOOD fender roller from a Acura TL "Stanced" project build I did just last year. I was running 18x10 rear and 18x9 front with offset +22 slammed on coilovers and -1 front and -3 rear. So I can make it happen. But why? Like u said, I am all about the performance with the Mustang and not "Park Hard" car show stuff.

Now, when u say 305, what series? 40? 35? with the mild drop of 1.0 and 1.25...sometimes I worry I will still have too much wheel to fender gap with these BMR's and 20s. But I know they look pretty simple and clean with the Brembo wheels I have now.

Paul@HI

Established Member
For someone like me...That mod required is cake! I actually own a EASTWOOD fender roller from a Acura TL "Stanced" project build I did just last year. I was running 18x10 rear and 18x9 front with offset +22 slammed on coilovers and -1 front and -3 rear. So I can make it happen. But why? Like u said, I am all about the performance with the Mustang and not "Park Hard" car show stuff.

Now, when u say 305, what series? 40? 35? with the mild drop of 1.0 and 1.25...sometimes I worry I will still have too much wheel to fender gap with these BMR's and 20s. But I know they look pretty simple and clean with the Brembo wheels I have now.

I would recommend a 305/30 or 305/35. The 305/35 will increase your overall diameter, thus creating less wheel gap but also slightly raising the vehicle.

Torchy

Established Member
So powder coated gloss black VMB5 with 305/35/20 nitto 555R's photoshoot is coming this Sunday!!! With a brushed titanium metallic wrap with black chrome. These Velgens are awesome! I actually decided on these over a HRE.

This will be the background

Tivoli Village

Just got my license to shoot here this morning:coolman:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
man that sounds AWESOME! Can't wait to see those pics...and (scratching my head...) LICENSE to take pics?

Torchy

Established Member
Hehe yeah they are going to close down the roads for the shoot so the management has to give us a one day permit/license to shoot pics. We get our own security guard and all.

This place is one of those malls that you can drive through.

Torchy

Established Member
Weakest teaser ever. Car is very dirty here.

photo-3.jpg

iphone pic from when I was there earlier today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread