Hi guys i wanna say this

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
Hello all....first off I am glad to be here. I came on here with serious questions and without introducing myself i asked them and you all with out hessitation came to my aid. I really appreaciate the help.
For all you know i could have been a troll or just some random liar but i assure you I am not...

I know this might not belong here because it is not tech related but i want it to be seen by most of the 03 community that surf this board.
Anyways I am Paul M. Kelley from south Texas. I am 21 years old.

Ok now before you all say anything let me give you a low down about my car. It is a 97 white v6....yes a 3.8 well 2 years ago i started modding it. It ended up with MAC LTs, O/F H-pipe and borla dual cat back, it had super coupe P&P heads w/ 5 angle job stiffer spring and larger valves. special cam, double roller timing chain, FMS 1.73 roller rockers, fully P&P upper and lower intakes, 30# fuel injectors 70MM tb, 70mm MAF and to top it off a vortech pushing 10#s of boost. also the rear end was an 8.8 with 3:55s, and the auto tranny had a tranny cooler and transgo shift kit.well the car ran great with the exception i got a bit to ahead of myself and ran the car on the stock fuel pump because my 255lph one had not yet arrived nor did my ford chip....well say good bye to a stock bottom end. i leaned it out horribly. the best time un- tuned was a 13. 26

well i dropped in a 2000 split port v6 for the time being while i reassest what i was going to do with the car...either put the blower back on or drop in a v8... well everybody told me sell the car and buy a v8...well i guess i like to be the underdog so i sold all my v6 stuff for close to 4 grand as well as other stang stuff i had.

i found a place that rebuilds crashed, burned, or flood damaged cars and has a huge junk yard behind the buisness. well they specialize in mustangs and f-bodies... i came to a deal with them. Nowthis is the honest to God truth... $3,200 for a 2002 GT engine, 5-speed tranny, all the wiring, the fuel system, and the computer and all the other little things i need and the install price was included. I jumped on the offer and gave them the money...i had some left over so i bought BBK LTs since i knew they are a PITA to install with the engine in. All this came out of a GT that had rolled over so the car was a mess. I did have concers how good the engine was but i have had no problems since the swap.

ok well these guys since the rebuild crashed cars from 2 or more other cars they knew what they were doing. they unbolted the k-member undid all wiring and hoses and the driveshaft. theythen lifted both my car and the GT. what stayed on the ground was the whole front suspension of both cars...which was the steering, k-member, wheels, struts, engine and tranny as one single unit. they dragged over the GT one underneath my car and lowered my car over it. vola that was the basic low down of the swap...i made it sound easy but there were a lot of things we had to do. we had to swap over the hydro booster because my v6 had the big black drum looking thing in the engine bay. also we had to install all the standard components like the clutch pedals and so on. I also go the returnless fuel system and every single wiring harness from the GT because they would not connect to my stock v6 connectors. they would have if i had used a gt engine from a 96-98 but since i used a 99+ i had to replace all the harnesses from the stereo to the doors to the tailights to the headlights and everything. i got the PATS, computer and key ingition all from the GT. it was a beautiful swap but took about 3-4 weeks to finish up but the car turned on perfect the first time we fired her up....

well now i have a technically complete 2002GT in my 97 v6 body. i have had it for about 5 months and it runs awesome.... i have added a few mods since then until i came upon a 03 cobra complete engine and tranny.

well i started to sell off some of the GT Mods and work a lot more so i could swap this bad boy in. Am i so bad to want more power hee hee.

anyways i came here for help and advise on the swap and everything. I talked to the guy from cobrapweredgt.com and waiting for a reply from him as to certain things i need to do.

well i am sorry for making this so long but i figured a formal introduction was needed. I have pics of my car with the v6 supercharged, the v8 swap, the car as it is, and of the cobra engine sitting and ready to go. if anybody would like to see you can just ask and you shall recieve....
funny how i came from a supercharged 3.8L v6 all the way to supercharged 4.6L cobra....the best part is the insurance is very cheap because they still think i have a v6 hee hee.

again sorry if this is way to long and in the wrong place...

Thanks everybody.
Paul

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
No matter where it is, i think it's an awesome idea to get rid of the wheezeer 2-valve engine. I had a 2001 GT and even with exhaust work it was still slow. How slow? Put it this way, the new Dodge SRT-4 would have handed my a$$. Anyway, good luck and enjoy...you will not be disappointed. Just do us all a favor, and don't rebadge it and turn it into a "fake snake".

walker887

Established Member
Paul,
I honestly at this point in time do not remember talking to you, but we have been busy. not using that as an excuse but call me again and I will walk you through the swap.

I like to hear this as I was told by many I could not do this swap and I can be ther first to tell you it works fine and runs on the top end of the best of them , and all with the alum block I have. But on a serious note call me back and I will tell you what you need
Don

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
i sent you an e-mail a few days ago.... about the cobra swap...and well about the GT swap that e-mail conversation was close to a year go when i started to fiddle with the idea so i am sure you forgot about that but the cobra one i did send really recently like friday or thursday...i figured io would not get a reply until early this week due to the weekend.... but i will give you a call tomorrow during the day sometime and hopefully my e-mail can be found...maybe i clicked another e-mail addy you have on the site let me check

yes this was the one i sent it too....maybe it was the wrong one by accident...is there another i need to send it too.
[email protected]

well anyways this is my story guys....i can't wait

PKWhiteKnight

Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
do us all a favor, and don't rebadge it and turn it into a "fake snake".

oh i agree when i had my v6 and i was running good i didn't put anything other then v6 emblems on it because even though i was 2 shy of an 8 i was proud of my accomplishments....

right now i have no emblems and shaved them off antenna included as wellas the door handles and key holes. i really hate those who put fake emblems on especiall on v6ers even though i technically am one...it makes us v6 guys look bad and when some beats one they think they beat a real cobra if it had emblems on it although most knowledgeable people will know it wasn't a cobra.

i have a gt motor yes but i am staying clean of any emblems same goes for the cobra when i drop it in....no cobras i am not going to pretend to be something i am not...maybe just maybe those cool 4.6 emblems but that is still undecided i rather people wonder what i have...besides i didn't pay no where near the 30some thousand most of you paid for a real SVT so i am not going to even pretend as if i have one...one of these days though i wanna own a real certificate....maybe for a lightning...who knows... i am still young....right now i just wanna mess around with my silly 'ole stang and finish school.

here is a quick pic of my rear...

ok ok on a side note...before you all make fun of my car it is not really rice...i mean how can a stalker ram air hood, stalker front bumper, saleen rear bumper, mustang louvers and a saleen 351 be rice...yes i agree i have clear tailights and clear corners but it goes withmy theme of blue and white....the car is all white with blue tailight bezzels, some blue lettering on the rear bumper and GTS Blue Light covers that you can find at california mustang...
newcarpaul4.jpg

newcarpaul.jpg

oh wait the rear bumper doesnt say it there but it says White Knight there in the center....
be kind on the comments although i have heard it all... :)

Users who are viewing this thread