Hi- End Auto (Va) experiences

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Has anyone bought a car from Hi-End Auto in Appomattox va?

What was your experience like?

red beast

Banned
robert the owner is a great guy and is honest. I have bought parts from him and three of my friends has bought cars from him. He stands behind his cars, you should have a great experience. good luck

2L8IWON

Established Member
Thanks! There's a car I'm intererted in. They had a 05
GT as well that's not as nice and my csr with more miles. I'll see if they'll take mine on trade.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
If you call ahead and let Robert, or his wife Anita, know that you are coming out there, they will make sure to be there when you arrive. Robert has a few full time employees there because of his repair shop and his body shop.

Robert is a good guy, and he prices his cars with what the market in the local area is bringing. He uses the internet to check his pricing.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
OP I bought my car from him drove there from Oh and drove it back. It was as described Robert and Anita are stand up people and enthusiasts good luck.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I've heard a lot of great things about that place. Someone sent me a link to them when I was lookin for a 03/04 Cobra and the prices seemed pretty reasonable.

2L8IWON

Established Member
Thanks guys. I am going to call tomorrow and see if we can strike a deal. I hear that they are pretty fair and have talked to a few people in the area that recommend them.

Thanks again!

Jesse

musclefan21

Established Member
I have dealt with him numerous times. Stand up good guy. Buy with confidence.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
in the last year i've bought my Cobra and Dodge 2500 from them. my son picked up his Mach there last fall too.

my local dealer turned me onto Hi-End Auto when i decided to go Cobra shopping. the local place WAS the only dealer i actually trusted and it was a huge step for me to go somewhere else. now i can say i trust two dealers!

everyone there was great to deal with and i honestly couldn't ask for anything better. no pressure, no bullshit, etc. if you find something about the car isn't to your satisfaction they'll either make it right or tell you to pass on the car. Robert actually tried to talk me out of my car because it had some dings in the paint. in the end i wanted THAT car and Robert INSISTED on repainting the blemished areas before we moved forward with the deal.

i got EXACTLY the car i wanted and paid a reasonable, fair price. even if i would have found one cheaper it wouldn't have been by much and it wouldn't have come with their first class service. i was impressed enough from the get go, i chose them (Josh) to mod the car for me too. Josh and Robert both saved me a ton of money and gave me a finished product i'm proud to own.

Josh has got to be one of the best guys i've ever had the pleasure of meeting. his knowledge and experience with modular Mustangs (... ugh, and LS motors) is astounding. Josh even tolerates me texting him now and then when i THINK i MAY have an issue. twice there have been actual problems and he helped me clear everything up.

Josh will be getting my car soon enough for TVS swap and a clutch.

OP, i think it's just a bit further for you than it is for me but the two hour ride is well worth it IMHO!!!

i've posted this before:

when looking at the Mach 1 for my son (i happened to be in the area) i noticed some oil or something on the alternator. i asked Josh about it and he said he would check it out and let me know. we hadn't made a deal, no money or hand shake, i was simply looking at the car.

he found the issue, nothing to worry about, and got everything squared away.

this is what he sends me:

39926FAD-112A-4F06-84C7-2E3987370270-25722-00000C3AB8D88BEC_zps8b08341e.jpg

all that to fix a small leak and then clean everything up. most places would have just pressure washed it and said it's fine, don't worry about it.

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
OP, which car are you looking at?

i was on the lot two weeks ago... looked at a few cars rather closely for a friend that's got the Cobra bug.

Satyr

Established Member
I've also purchased from Robert. Deal went smoothly and he was upfront about everything and very amicable. I'd buy from him again.

2L8IWON

Established Member
Hey bud, thanks a TON for your feedback! I am confident that this is the place to buy. I don't want to mention which car I am looking at yet because I don't want anyone to go buy it out from under me, ha ha.

I'll PM ya on that front.

Thanks again, it really puts my concerns at ease!

Jesse

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Oh damn, I want that Sonic Blue KB car! Good luck with your car hunt OP!

word is the Sonic KB car was modded / tuned by the guys at Fast Lane in NC.

that's one of the cars my buddy wanted me to check out... for what it's worth i gave him my stamp of approval. i would buy that car without a second thought!!!

he's dragging his feet. go buy it and help me teach him a lesson.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Yeah, was VERY impressed with the level of accuracy when it came to the descriptions of their vehicles (was going to buy a TR they had, but went with the 5.bro instead). That's one 4 hour trip I've taken to look at a car in which I wasn't very irritated after.

Users who are viewing this thread