Hey Tob

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It ain't gonna happen but I've asked for a simple version of the car for too long now. Minimalist in looks that performs like a beast. Plastering Shelby's name everywhere on the S197 GT500 was a bit much. Super Snake cars....egads. The GT350 marked a moved towards the subtle. Small but well done badging, a near perfect balance.

Ford designers see this GT500, once again, as something big and in your face. Giant snake emblems that they feel "catches your attention." So for me, adding another snake, is like a megaphone blaring LOOK AT ME - ANOTHER SNAKE STICKER. No disrespect but I have no doubt it will fare well with the old farts that use zMAX and wear their favorite jacket every time they go to the parade.

View attachment 1598010

I dig well done graphics, especially when proportioned and tasteful so don't get me wrong. I can also respect a blank canvas that sits alone on its own.

Lmao!!!!!

So damn true

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure Kaneda ones that jacket.
Stripe delete, black roof on this one for me.
-J

5.2Leader

Established Member
Don’t forget he has the matching skinny jeans!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

kilobravo

Established Member
Tob: It's amazing how people can see things differently. When I first saw the little cobra plate badging on a 350, I thought it was disgraceful. :) Different strokes, as they say.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If they won't let up refer to our cars as Cobras, why stick all the snakes on the car in the first place?:rolleyes:

kilobravo

Established Member
Still trying to understand what makes it "disgraceful."

Tob: I realize that everyone has their own taste when it comes to something that looks good so this is undoubtedly an exercise in futility. That said, I think this image sums it up.

On the left we have a thin piece of embossed and painted aluminum. On the right we have a substantial, real casting that to me, gives class to the vehicle. The little badge then, to me at least, seemed disgraceful. I hope that clears it up.

shelby 350-vs-500-snakes.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The GT500 emblem on the right is on a skew. Square up the shot and it is quite a bit wider than the GT350 snake.

And the GT350 emblem is plastic, not aluminum. I have a strong sense the GT500 emblem will be plastic as well.

kilobravo

Established Member
Yes, the shot of the new snake was shot on an angle but what does the width have to do with anything?

The fact that the 350 badge is plastic, IMHO, makes it even more disgraceful...again, IMHO.

BUT, if the new car comes with PLASTIC snakes, (and I'm 99.9 percent sure it won't,) I will let the dealership have the car as I damn sure won't want it with plastic snakes ESPECIALLY considering the cost of the darn car.

kilobravo

Established Member
It seems yours truly has to eat his hat after incorrectly guessing that the new car has metal snakes. Tob confirmed they're plastic so I guess I'll have to eat another hat for saying I wouldn't accept the car. That was stupid. After ALL this hassle and time, I'd be an idiot to ditch the car just for plastic snakes. And, after taking a closer look at the one above (that was "skewed,") I edited the image to straighten it up and I SWEAR that plastic badge LOOKS metal. So, maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Additionally, it occurred to me that any number of committees at Ford, tasked with reducing weight, might very well have come up with the eye deer to save a teensy bit of weight by going to plastic snakes. Then again, it's more likely to revolve around the cost of each rather than anything else.

But take a look at this image and tell me if it looks like it's made of metal or plastic. (I KNOW they're plastic, I'm just complimenting the company who made them.)

The only unknown is whether that black paint (if it actually IS paint,) will come off as it does on SO many Ford badges these days and they still haven't fixed it that I know of.

new-plastic-snake.jpg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Agreed the Snake is a nice touch when showing off the engine.
I also see a sticker I’d take off first detail. :)
And just to say again, thank god we’re done with hood prop rods.
-J
Hood struts are amazing! Right until they lose strength. You havent really lived until an LS400 hood falls on your back from failed struts. :D

Users who are viewing this thread