Hey our clutch is adjustable

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I did not have an especially good night at LACR tonight and to top it off my last run I missed 2nd and 4th. When I pulled back into the lanes shifting became very hard and reverse would not engage. I even had to push my car to get it in gear:cryying: At this point I realise I need to come up good story for Ford and more importantly my wife. The long drive home sucked as I fought the tranny every shift.

Then at a stop sign I got a bright idea :idea: I'll try that clutch adjustment that many think is myth, myself included but I was desperate. Guess what it worked!! Instant easy shifting again. Now I'm not gonna claim what I did was textbook procedure but here goes: Out of gear, car running, clutch pedal in then out, then I slid my foot behind the pedal and pushed the pedal toward me. I had read somewhere before that it's supposed to click but my car is currently too loud to hear anything. I had tried this in the past to see if anything would happen and of course nothing did. I guess the car had to be slightly broke for it to really work, who knew..:shrug: :)

edit-- spelling

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Mustang owner's guide (page 190), says to do it in first gear with engine off....

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
It is no secret, mustang clutch pedal assemblies have been like this from at least 87' that I know of. The best part is when it gets old it will start to slip back to being loose again. Thats when you get the aftermarket quadrant.

randy

Established Member
i m glad to here that it was easily fixed..hope it stays that way..only time i ever used that process was immediately after doing a clutch..anyway, did you do any portmatching with the bbk 65?..

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by randy
anyway, did you do any portmatching with the bbk 65?..

The TB hasn't been delivered as yet, they're out of stock. :cryying: I'm being told 2 more weeks. When it does show up I plan on having it port matched. I'm seriously thinking of doing it myself, but if it involves too much grinding I'll let the pro's do it for me.

randy

Established Member
i am even more impressed with your times now...stopped by Brothers Performance on my way home from Kennebell yesterday and they told me 2 weeks as well... said BBK was waiting on return springs...

Users who are viewing this thread