Hey guys, I'm back!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Well guys, it's good to be back. About 8 months ago I got fed up with my Cobra because of money, school, lack of time, etc, etc, etc, but I am back in game now. The Cobra is all turbo'd and tuned, and is now more of a racecar than streetcar (although I think I may pick up some 18's for the street). Looks the same, only there are intercooler pipes where the foglights used to be and it's on Draglites with 28" tall Mickeys, and the front is really slammed down on those skinnies. I just wanted to check in with my SN95 buddies over here since it's been so long and see if any tech help was needed, but I see from the 2-page thread on how to do a burnout that you guys got it covered.:pop:

Anyways, I've got another motor getting ready to go together. It's a Teksid block, 304ci stroker, 9.2:1 squeeze via CP pistons and Manley rods, mildly ported heads, possibly some turbo cams (verdict is still out on those), short-runner intake (might make a sheetmetal intake instead), and of course it'll be fed my Precision single turbo. But for now, I will enjoy my stock-motored turbo car, which is probably making 480-500rwhp (haven't dyno'd it). I haven't really gotten a chance to drive it since I've been at school since I had it tuned, but it runs very well after about 4 MAF's. lol. Anyways, good to be back fellas.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Be prepared to have people lynch you because you never started producing the turbo kit... :p

Nice to see you around!

mystical

Established Member
Welcome back Kyle, I was just thinking about that turbo kit of yours and why you took a hiatus from here. Post some pics of that bad boy!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
welcome back I was reading some of the tips from you and wondered wherethe hell you were

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Welcome back buddy. I noticed that you went missing! Can't wait to see what your car puts down :D

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Thanks fellas, it's nice to be back in the game. lol. As far as producing the kits, well, I got myself in over my head as a full-time student working 35hrs a week and trying to build a turbo Cobra as well as manufacture the kits. I made 2 kits, one of which is one my car, they other is just sitting. I got as far as making complete jigs for replication of the hot-side, but it ended there. I ran outta money, time, and motivation. I think now that my car is back on the road, I may be able to pursue the turbo kit thing again in the future, but I need to graduate college first, 5 years is enough. lol.

I'll try to get some pics/vids this weekend of the car and turbo kit.

Users who are viewing this thread