Hey Folks.. Tell me more about the 03 Halfshafts..

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Well today I got to witness Silver03Snake run his awesome 03 Cobra.. What a day for him!! I'm sure he will chime in and let you know how he did..

Anyhow.. My question is..

What did they do to the 03 Shafts? He has made over 20 passes on the Et Streets without breaking the stock shafts!

Are they much much better than the 01 shafts, if so how?

Have you heard of any 03 owners breaking them?

I would appreciate your help, since the GKN's are on huge back order, I'd love to find an alternative!

Thanks

Shawn

Hammer

Established Member
Originally posted by BlackSnake2001
Well today I got to witness Silver03Snake run his awesome 03 Cobra.. What a day for him!! I'm sure he will chime in and let you know how he did..

Anyhow.. My question is..

What did they do to the 03 Shafts? He has made over 20 passes on the Et Streets without breaking the stock shafts!

Are they much much better than the 01 shafts, if so how?

Have you heard of any 03 owners breaking them?

I would appreciate your help, since the GKN's are on huge back order, I'd love to find an alternative!

Thanks

Shawn

I'm no expert on this but here's what I have been lead to believe: the 03's have a half-shaft support brace. Earlier Cobras also had a half-shaft brace but ours are beefier. Also, the actual axles in ours are beefier. So between the brace and the stronger stock axles we should be OK for some serious hooking...but then again; that remains to be seen.

Chris at Crazy Horse Racing told me that there are better ones available aftermarket but I do not know more than that.

I know that I am not willing to convert to a solid rear for any reason. The ride comfort and handling of the 03 is too good to sacrifice.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Thanks Hammer..

I've added the brace on my 01..

I guess I'm looking for comparisons of the 01 and 03 axles.. Will the 03 axles hold up is my question.. From what I witnessed, I would say HELL YES! But I want to hear from you guys before I get these.

GKN's are still going to be better, that I understand! But, these are half the price and availble now!

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread