hesitation

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Does anyone else sometimes experience a slight hesitation when shifting to 3rd? I feel it every oncre an a while. On the terminator forums they talka bout how the ecu's are programmed to sometimes hesitate. Any ideas?

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
happens to me too no matter what gear, almost as if the the clutch is slipping... i wanna know what gives too!!!

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
changed the fuel filter less then 4k miles ago. i am getting a short throw shifter and will install it this weekend. I am thinking it has a lot to do with shifts and the time between shifts. Regardless of rpms if you shift fast you never feel the bog......So i think it has soemtihng to do with the ECu not having enough time to react to a throttle punch after a slow shift or soemtihng along those lines. When if you shifted faster the ECU stays in the fuel tables and can react faster.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Yeah, I feel it in the 01 Vert sometimes when shifting into 5th. Or after getting back into the throttle after coasting on the freeway in 5th. Feels kinda like the engine stumbles or something. I have felt it since day one and have written it off as the computer not catching up the fuel with the throttle fast enough to keep the engine from bogging. But, I am no expert.

green99_svt

Established Member
it is from the timing being pulled out during shifts. mine does it too sometimes from 2-3 and 3-4 under wot.

Users who are viewing this thread