Heritage Ford

sonic cobra

Established Member
Just wanted to know if anyone on this forum has dealt with Heritage ford in Burlington Vermont. I ordered Sonic Blue cobra from them for msrp. Did it all over the phone so would like to know if they are straight shooters or not

lachj1

Established Member
ordered from heritage also

I ordered a yellow cobra convertible from heritage july 10. It was done over the phone at msrp. They told me it would be 9 months -which is fine by me. I don't need to drive it in the snow. I have my deposit receipt so i'm sure that they're ligit. -jeff

sonic cobra

Established Member
I spent 6 weeks and got no one willing to sell at msrp. Even tried winner ford in dover who had sold several at msrp and they were now asking $2000 over. Was getting desperate. I have family in Vermont so a nice long weekend visit and a wonderful 400 mile drive home to break it in. Salesman i spoke to on phone (Elliot) was very knowledgable and seemed to understand the emotions behind such a purchase.I ordered 9/13 with a build in april for may delivery, but i feel the same . No sense paying the interest on my line of credit with the car in the garage for the winter. Its going to be a long winter though.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Something here doesn't add up. When i spoke to heritage ford in sept. they said they had a total allocation of 8 cobras. Four were sold and delivered , two were sold and being built in Sept, and the last two were available with an april build for a may delivery. I ordered one of those, so the Yellow vert ordered in july should be one of the two being built in Sept. Does this sound right? and if so, the yellow vert should be coming your way in 4 weeks or less not 9 months from order date. I hope this is right for you.

kom

Established Member
Originally posted by sonic cobra
Even tried winner ford in dover who had sold several at msrp and they were now asking $2000 over.

Thats a surprise. I bought mine there in August. Ordered 8-02 drove out of there 9-03 or something like that. They had the "$2000 over" sticker on a black one that was there but I was told at the time it could be purchased for list. Its a very cool looking dealership too. It would be a shame if they also went the route of the over scumbag dealers. PM if you want contact info at Winner Ford(maybe that will help)..

lachj1

Established Member
4 weeks, hope not

I talked with elliott at heritage ford about two weeks ago and he has no info on my yellow vert as of yet.

sonic cobra

Established Member
kom, thanks for the offer, I think it depends on who you talk to sometimes. I was working with one guy at local dealership and he wouldn,t budge, but just yesterday I went back just to see what they were selling for and another salesman offered msrp. I had to tell him I had just ordered one 2 weeks earlier. For now I think I'll stay with the order i have, since he already has my $1000 but will definitly keep your suggestion as a back up if things start to look bad. Maybe lachj1 will get his yellow vert soon and will have nothing but good things to say about Heritage Ford.I guess I was inspired by Arizona Snake whom I believe drove 1740 miles to Tenn. to get his 03 at msrp.It was a great story.

sonic cobra

Established Member
lachj1, did elliot send you a copy of the DORA. If so you can call vopc and get an update on your order phone # and instructions kindly provided by DD2000gt on this forum just do a search. I'm pullin for ya guy, cause maybe I'll be next!

key2you

Established Member
Hey you in vermont. You should check out Metro Ford in schenectady NY. I ordered mine in febuary and was the first in the area to recieve the 03 (I picked up car on 6-18-02). I bought mine for msrp and my salesman, joe, stated they do not do dealer incentive (no mark up). I believe they will, if they don't have any now, have 03's in. Check with them.

Users who are viewing this thread