Herbalife & Advocare

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I have seen an unusual amount of my friends become involved with one of these companies. I few are actually doing very very well. I'm familiar with MLM companies so no need to go down that road. If you have an opinion on the MLM side by all means lets hear it. But I don't need a lecture about it. I'm more interested in opinions on their actual products, more specifically those focused on cleansing. Are any of you affiliated with these companies or taking anything they offer?

I have not had the time to research any of their endless amount of products, but I'm going to go ahead and assume most of them are overpriced junk. But if theres a winner in there I'd be interested. I've been really neglecting my fitness and diet for the past few months. I started back up today and am going to hit it hard. I've never done a "cleansing program" but I'm considering it to start out with. From the research I've done, some believe certain programs work, others think they do nothing. Thoughts on this in general are also appreciated.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Wife sells herbal life I think it is a pyramid scam.

The shit is over priced

I think Herbal Life is actually being investigated because of it. That said, while I tend to understand that all natural medicines and extracts can be beneficial, I think many of these products are placebo.

Posted via Topify on Android

KurtDog

Established Member
It's all snake oil. From the products them selves to the getting rich part.

Some people do make good money doing it, but they are few and far between. And they are really only making money off of selling to the other dealers below them.

1hot281

Established Member
I'd stay away from cleansing programs. Just eat clean. As with everything when it comes to fitness... There are no safe shortcuts. Eat clean. Supplement when necessary. Train hard. Lift. Results will come.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It's just overpriced shit, like Scentsy and that jewelry one. You make most your money by signing up other people to be under you. But you're still selling a product and you do profit off of it to an extent so it's how they get away with it.

Blown 89

Established Member
Herbalife is a scam. I don't respect people that are gullible enough to believe in these companies.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I'd stay away from cleansing programs. Just eat clean. As with everything when it comes to fitness... There are no safe shortcuts. Eat clean. Supplement when necessary. Train hard. Lift. Results will come.

this is what i'm leaning towards.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Pyramid...I went to a meeting couple yrs ago they claim drew Bree's uses it and hes supportive but doesn't get endorsements. Bs....and expensive.

msc111

Established Member
I'll start off by saying I'm an advocare distributor. To those that are saying it's a pyramid scam, you have no idea what you are talking about . Advocare uses the direct sales business model as opposed to the storefront retail model. Every distributor gets a 1099 at the end of the year. A person that signs up below someone can end up making much more money than the person above them. That's NOT a pyramid scam. Advocare has been around for about 20 years. If it was truly a scam, it would have been shut down a long time ago.

As to the supplements, I'll start off by saying there is NO magic pill or substitute to hard work and a clean eating lifestyle . And that's really what advocare pushes. Not a temporary diet, but a life style change involving exercise and clean eating . The supplements are developed and backed by multiple REAL doctors .

Everything I have tried so far tastes really good, probably the best tasting supplements I have tried. I like the fact that majority of their stuff is natural and herb based. You can go the website and click on a product and a list of all the ingredients, what they are, what they do and why they are used pop up for every product . Never seen any other supplement company do that. I stared the 24 day challenge about 20 days ago. I have completely cut out diet soda ( was an addict ) cut out sugar and eating very clean and exercising. I haven't this good or energized in a long while. However I will say, majority of that comes from the healthy lifestyle and exercise, not so much the supplements. I will also say the advocare products are pricey. That is a big turn off for me. However with the distributor discount it's not too bad . You can achieve great results by changing your lifestyle with out any supplements , however , for the people that can afford taking supplements and like to do so, advocare is a great way to go. And if you are willing to put in some work, you can also make some money on the side as well.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't think OP wants to get into a pyramid scheme debate, but here's what I'll say. I think people confuse these types of businesses (Avon, Mary Kay, advocate, Amway, Herbalife, scentsy, primerica, etc) as being pyramid schemes or ponzi schemes when they are not. They are actually multi level marketing schemes.

Ponzis and pyramid schemes are illegal. The big difference being, these companies have actual products and the members are all quite capable of making money directly selling those products.

Where it becomes a little dicey and why I personally am not a fan, is because for these companies the marketing of their products seems to be more focused on developing a larger sales group than just pushing out great products. Even if the products are great, the "sales parties" often turn into referral parties because the member is incentivized to increase their down line to the point they'll recruit anybody and everybody as a member.

And those members turn around and have a sales party feeling obligated to buy and then that person realizes sells are drying up so they have an incentive to recruit. Now, if I have a really great product to sell locally, why as a salesman would I want to share those profits with friends and family as recruits unless I have more incentive to have a larger down line than have a larger customer base myself?

If you have to have parties where people feel obligated to buy because you're family and then have a party after you so you get some free shit, that doesn't suggest very high quality products.

Posted via Topify on Android

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
A buddy of mine is selling Nerium skin cream now and is constantly posting on FB about how awesome it is and all his sales meetings and other crap. Annoying as shit.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Every time I come across someone into doing these mlm deals I wanna punch em in the face. Soooo annoying

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Stop eating crap and your body will cleanse itself, it's pretty amazing like that.

This.

My wife just got into Herbalife (because one of her good friends was selling it)... too expensive for my tastes, and it's not keto-friendly. I'm not convinced she didn't just buy it because her friend was selling it and not because it was a good investment. She's only a week into it and so far is sticking to it, but I give her about 1-2 more weeks until she slacks for a day and then falls off the wagon. I don't know, maybe it'll help her eat better, but she couldn't stick to nutrisystem or weight watchers either, so... yeah. I just feel she could have found something better by doing some benchmarking of other protein/health shake mixes.

I've lost 30 pounds eating bacon, mayonaisse, steak, cheese, and eggs, so there's that.

tnuce10

Established Member
I've shown interest in Advocare to one person at the gym. I told him I would like to try the pre workout sometime.
After 2 weeks on constant texts and phone calls I had to politely explain to him that I was no longer interested and didn't want to hear his bullshit anymore.

Now, whenever someone brings up that stupid Advocare shit I either ignore them or walk away.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
I dated a chick couple years ago whos brother lost his life savings trying to sell Herbalife. Thats about the only knowledge I have of the product.

2014GT

Established Member
I hate this shit. I know several people that are unreasonably invested in this stuff like it's amazing.

I see two types of people when it comes to this junk. Either they are totally for it, or understand it's total bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread